free website stats program A little rust on Chrome what should I use | Harley Davidson Forums

A little rust on Chrome what should I use

peteG30

Just picked up my brother 00 FLHT 25K miles but it has a little rust on the chrome bag guard etc. I'm thinking of trying out Mother's Mag Polish, What you all think, any other suggestions? Cant afford right know to Re-Chrome..

Pick up some 0000 steel wool (ultra fine) at a hardware store.
Really, It works fantastic and will not scratch the chrome in any way.
Give it a try..
I have been using it for years.
a1scoot:D

after the steel wool use semi-chrome polish i had the same problem on a sett of pipes once and that combo fixed them right up!

A soaking wet SOS pad used very lightly will remove small specks of surface rust........
It will work on deeper rust but several applications are needed.
Rub very lightly and gently each time being very careful not to scratch the chrome. Also don't use the pad after the cleaner is used up in the pad

Do not use steel wool on chrome...very small microscratches will give it a satin finish...:devil

Never dull or chrome polish works, followed up periodically with Pledge does the deed nicely. :p

I had heard once that you take a piece of aluminum foil and run the affected area. haen't tried it but who knows/ Who first thought of putting Pledge on your motorcycle? It works too !

Ride safe

Bubba

Back