free website stats program A little of KNOWLEDGE for Harley fanatics!!! | Harley Davidson Forums

A little of KNOWLEDGE for Harley fanatics!!!

BillMull

Banned
In 1980, flames appeared on H-D gas tanks for the first time as factory paint. Red flames on black were available, as well as a blended red/orange/yellow option. It was the most complicated paint job to date. Styling revisited the motif in 2010, this time using decals.

Have a great day members and number one, BE SAFE!!!!!:newsmile071:

We tried this a while back and it didn't last too long before it got stale.
I should of known you were on top of things.

Too bad it didn't work out. I was hoping there was/is treasured trivia out there that isn't readily available, and like most good things, will eventually get lost in time if it isn't captured.

I do know im one of those people who remember more when people just post random post about facts that strike interest. I have been studying the Harley History as much as possible, its a true passion to me. I could sit around and talk Harley 24/7 and thats a fact!!!

Hey Glider, what about maybe just a category of facts about Harley History with the date that it occurred and what the fact is. Kind of just a deep knowledge category for members? Just an idea only or should I say suggestion. You know more about it than I do on if it will go well or not!!!

Thanks a lot!!!

I'm with you, Bill, on the talking H-D 24/7. I have learned a great deal by reading and listening to guys with experience. I'm fascinated by all things Harley. With that and 13 yrs of Svc Writer experience in the auto industry where I learned a lot ( didn't make me a mechanic ) Probably just enough to make me dangerous when giving my opinions. LOL. I think I would be interested in a forum/dept. of that kind if it were to be instituted here. I wish my health were better so I could ride in the hottest of weather but that's not the case so I ride as much (5-6k) a year as I can and love every moment of it.

Glider, Glider, Glider!!!! You are the man with a PLAN....Thanks so much for this category. I will supply some facts daily to this..THANKS SO MUCH!!! Keep up the fantastic WORK!

In 1980, flames appeared on H-D gas tanks for the first time as factory paint. Red flames on black were available, as well as a blended red/orange/yellow option. It was the most complicated paint job to date. Styling revisited the motif in 2010, this time using decals.

Was this from the "Harley-Davidson Museum" on Facebook? :s

Back