A little of KNOWLEDGE for Harley fanatics!!!

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by BillMull, Aug 3, 2011.

1. BillMull

BillMull Banned

In 1980, flames appeared on H-D gas tanks for the first time as factory paint. Red flames on black were available, as well as a blended red/orange/yellow option. It was the most complicated paint job to date. Styling revisited the motif in 2010, this time using decals.

Have a great day members and number one, BE SAFE!!!!!:newsmile071:

2. Cyclops

Cyclops Active Member

Maybe the mods could set up a Harley Trivia section!

3. glider

glider Veteran Member

We tried this a while back and it didn't last too long before it got stale.

4. Cyclops

Cyclops Active Member

I should of known you were on top of things.

Too bad it didn't work out. I was hoping there was/is treasured trivia out there that isn't readily available, and like most good things, will eventually get lost in time if it isn't captured.

5. BillMull

BillMull Banned

I do know im one of those people who remember more when people just post random post about facts that strike interest. I have been studying the Harley History as much as possible, its a true passion to me. I could sit around and talk Harley 24/7 and thats a fact!!!

Hey Glider, what about maybe just a category of facts about Harley History with the date that it occurred and what the fact is. Kind of just a deep knowledge category for members? Just an idea only or should I say suggestion. You know more about it than I do on if it will go well or not!!!

Thanks a lot!!!

6. murf

murf Active Member

I'm with you, Bill, on the talking H-D 24/7. I have learned a great deal by reading and listening to guys with experience. I'm fascinated by all things Harley. With that and 13 yrs of Svc Writer experience in the auto industry where I learned a lot ( didn't make me a mechanic ) Probably just enough to make me dangerous when giving my opinions. LOL. I think I would be interested in a forum/dept. of that kind if it were to be instituted here. I wish my health were better so I could ride in the hottest of weather but that's not the case so I ride as much (5-6k) a year as I can and love every moment of it.

7. glider

glider Veteran Member

It's been added here...:D

Harley History/Trivia and Facts - Harley Davidson Community

8. BillMull

BillMull Banned

Glider, Glider, Glider!!!! You are the man with a PLAN....Thanks so much for this category. I will supply some facts daily to this..THANKS SO MUCH!!! Keep up the fantastic WORK!

9. glider

glider Veteran Member

We try to please here on the forum as long as it's a reasonable request.:D

10. FLHTrider08

FLHTrider08 Active Member Contributor

Was this from the "Harley-Davidson Museum" on Facebook? :s