free website stats program A Harley, A Road Map, and 4 Days | Harley Davidson Forums

A Harley, A Road Map, and 4 Days

Nightowl

Account Removed
A Harley, four days, and a map, and I don’t have to be anywhere. Here’s the plan. No real plan other than leaving Carlisle, PA and riding to Salisbury, NC. Why Salisbury, because they have the best Hot Dogs in the world. Is Al’s Nighthawk still there? Then over to Maggie Valley to visit the “Wheels Through Time Museum”. After that I would like to ride 219 up through WV and back to PA. But as Yogi used to say “when you come to a fork in the road, take it!” Any suggestions are welcome. The segment after Maggie Valley could change depending on if I want to visit the grandkids in Ohio, which would add Chillicothe and Chardon to the trip. But then I could ride across route 6 (if you have never been on route 6, you need to do it) in pa before heading south around Wellsboro, PA to Carlisle. A Harley, four days, a map, and no particular place to be………it just does not get any better.

Lots of beautiful country to ride in the area and not sure where I would end up either, but I am jealous and hope you have a absolutely wonderful trip! :D

Bodeen,

Love your comment "Throw away the map" Only use the map to be sure I stay on roads less traveled. Or if I want to get to the Grandkids quicker!

Sounds good I am doing the same on Memorial day weekend leaving friday from Sacramento,ca. to the coast and down to Long Beach then home through the mountains. Should be a blast.:D

When are you going/leaving?

I'm in Greensboro and Salisbury is a nice ride for me. Also, since you're going to Salisbury, go south a little further to Pat Rogers H-D and have some lunch at Suck, Bang, Blow next door or the Iron Thunder Saloon in front of Pat Rogers. If it's this week, I'll be leaving on Thurs for Myrtle Beach (bike week). Other than that...shoot me a PM and I'll see if my schedule can hook up with yours.

P.S. Ride the Dragon at night. It's a blast and a lot more fun than in the daylight. Tracy

A Harley, four days, and a map, and I don’t have to be anywhere. Here’s the plan. No real plan other than leaving Carlisle, PA and riding to Salisbury, NC. Why Salisbury, because they have the best Hot Dogs in the world. Is Al’s Nighthawk still there? Then over to Maggie Valley to visit the “Wheels Through Time Museum”. After that I would like to ride 219 up through WV and back to PA. But as Yogi used to say “when you come to a fork in the road, take it!” Any suggestions are welcome. The segment after Maggie Valley could change depending on if I want to visit the grandkids in Ohio, which would add Chillicothe and Chardon to the trip. But then I could ride across route 6 (if you have never been on route 6, you need to do it) in pa before heading south around Wellsboro, PA to Carlisle. A Harley, four days, a map, and no particular place to be………it just does not get any better.

sounds like a trip many of us would love to do.....ENJOY:D

Back