free website stats program A Happy Sad Day | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

A Happy Sad Day

I have to agree with all of you! I honestly haven't bought a single thing for the king, I know, that's hard to believe, but it is true. :) I do have a list though! Brian may be right, I will hold off on some of it until we move, but I may need to do a bit of shopping in the interim. Of course, he is saying that I don't need anything, but I told him it's not about needs.....:D

It's all good though, but I do wish all my neighbors would move with us and we could build our own little neighborhood. I just hope they get good neighbors to replace us, they tell me that we are the first good neighbors that have lived in this house, but it is looking like we will be here for a couple of months still, so I can still have some beers with the neighbors & sit out by their pool a few evenings. :)

I have a neighbor on the other side of us that has quite a few Harley's, lots of tools and knowledge that he is willing to share. Yep, it will be sad to go, but I am also looking forward to a winter with no snow, year round riding, and a new adventure with the hubby. And then hubby won't have any excuses for leaving me for months at a time so he can head south! :D

Anyhoo, it will all work out, and now I am going to sit back and watch the Ride Like A Pro Video my neighbor loaned me last night. :s

Joy perhaps at your new home you will be the neighbour with the tools and knowledge
when we first moved here 15 years ago we were the young couple with children and the neighbours were all older however things have changed over that wee bit of time there have been at least 2 babies born in the last 5 years and another 2 due soon and we are seen as the old folk although Mr c at no 3 has been here a long time he has perhaps not many years left
Over time the young and foolish become the old and wise you just have to settle in to your new environment and fulfil your new role

Brian

. . . . . . . .
Yep, it will be sad to go, but I am also looking forward to a winter with no snow, year round riding, and a new adventure with the hubby. . . . . . .

You will be free of the snow, and most winters you can even ride all the way thru them with a few layers and a windbreaker. You northern folks might not even need that. Especially the further south in the State you go, not sure where you are gonna be.

You will also have the pleasure of being introduced to love bugs twice a year. They are such a "joy". Best just let you experience that for yourself.

I've lived here all my life except for 2 yrs in the Army. Born and bred Florida and have no desire to leave.

In addition to the new friends you haven't met...Yet! You still have us, here on the forum to keep you company. I think I can speak for all of us when I say we look forward to your next post/thread. I for one will be looking forward to seeing some DIY threads when you start adding the "Do Dads" to the King.

Hope the house sells quickly!

Cheers!
WAP.gif

Back