A Great Deal?

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by Badgerw, Jul 19, 2009.

1. Badgerw

Badgerw Member

I was in the local Harley dealership last week checking out the 2009 Heritage Softail & Fat Boy. The dealer told me that he would make me a "great deal" on the 2009 bikes.The conversation really went no further than that. I am waiting to see what comes out for 2010. I know that the 2010 bikes will be introduced on the 25th of this month. What would be considered a "great deal"? What is the dollar amount off the 2009 bikes that would have to be offered so that you would choose an 2009 over the same model 2010.

2. glider

glider Veteran Member

I would safely say $2K + off MSRP to get me interested, then don't forget the extras included in that price to sweeten the deal like some chrome, leather of a helmet and some gloves.

The local here is offering 2K off so it's not unreasonable.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 19, 2009
  3. threesteps

threesteps Junior Member

Heritage Cycles in Fort Walton Beach had been offer discounts on bikes the past week or so. I believe they were knocking off about $800-$1000 on some softails. I tried checking their website but did not see any sale info. You might give them a call.

4. hatman231

hatman231 Member

The dealership in Gettysburg, PA has been offering $1500 off of MSRP for about
    a month now for Softails. Touring bikes anywhere from $2000-3000. A buddy of mine in the market and me visited 5 dealers in PA and one in MD last week and only the one in Chambersburg said they would deal and take $500 off of a Street Glide. Gettysburg only had a vivid black one marked $2000 off of factory MSRP.

5. Badgerw

Badgerw Member

Thanks for the feedback. I am new at this and really appreciate all the help I can get.

6. Eagle Rider

Eagle Rider Member

The Dealerships here in Arizona are pretty desperate to sell as well. I was able to see their Sales chart while in the office and the have seen a major decline over the last 4 months. Total sales for July - 3 for a team of 5 Sales people.