free website stats program A few upgrades can make a difference! | Harley Davidson Forums

A few upgrades can make a difference!

Aerodawg

Went with some safety upgrades on my fatboy lo and they are awesome! Added black high gloss mustache highway bars they look really great and just installed new tribal rearview mirrrors, much better than the stock ones now I can actually see whats behind me. With the stock had a blindspot directly behind me. Installed an LED tailight, this thing is worth every penny, has 20 different light combos, I have mine set to flash 2x when i hit the brake lever then the normal brake light comes on. Since this has been installed I've noticed I'm not getting tailgated as close at night anymore, plus its really bright. And had installed a new speedo/tach combo, again worth every penny,this is a blessing as it also tells you what gear your in. This tach/gear takes a lot of stress away. As its a pretty new harley and no tach I was always concerned if I was damaging the engine by staying in 4th too long with the traffic we have here which speeds up then slows down, was always bothering which gear I should be in between 4-5 was mostly going by ear, now the tach gives me peace of mind about the engine. Same goes for the gear indicator again riding in traffic or riding in the mountains would sometimes forget what gear i was in as i was concentrating on the traffic or not wrecking in the curves in the mountains. I think my confidence was starting to fail as I was so worried about the bike and it was taking the fun out of riding to some degree, since these installs I have my confidence back and the ride is much more enjoyable, some of the guys i ride with thought i had a new bike when I showed up last week. I have a LED headlamp and windshield on backorder and then the bike is pretty much set. I should have done these safety upgrades before i got new pipes as it would've saved a few gray hairs!:D

Hey Aerodawg
I just installed the BAL (001?) rear light - the same as you have?
Mine is fantastic, just using normal but bright brake mode seeems to make me very visible...

Ok here are some pics of the bike, will have to get the tailight at night then i will poist a pic of it as well, tommorow the windshield gets installed.

aerodawg-albums-aerodawg%27s+2010+fatboy+lo-picture7046-my_harley.jpg

aerodawg-albums-aerodawg%27s+2010+fatboy+lo-picture7047-power_on.jpg

aerodawg-albums-aerodawg%27s+2010+fatboy+lo-picture7047-power_on.jpg

aerodawg-albums-aerodawg%27s+2010+fatboy+lo-picture7049-v_and_h_slip_ons.jpg

aerodawg-albums-aerodawg%27s+2010+fatboy+lo-picture7050-speedo_tach.jpg

aerodawg-albums-aerodawg%27s+2010+fatboy+lo-picture7045-highway_bars.jpg

Back