A few things

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by walleye, Mar 28, 2010.

1. walleye

walleye Junior Member Contributor

#1: Got my first decent ride in with my new Aileron grips. Rode 120 miles today and love the feel and fit. No regrets at all.

#2: On the way home, while merging onto the Interstate, I rolled around a cage that refused to move over and allow me to merge, even though there was no traffic. To no surprise it was a young girl on the cell phone with no idea what she is doing yet alone where she is at. Anyway, I stayed on it and since there was no traffic I continued to roll to put some distance between me and miss muffet. This was the first time with my new front tire (D408) and I took it to 110 mph. There was still more, not sure how much but I did it all in 6th gear. It gets to 105 fairly easy, but from 105 to 110 it was not as quick. No Matter, I will never go that fast again but had to see one time. :)

#3: Althopugh I do not promote drinking and driving, I planned to stop at a local MC pub to have a ice cold soda. It is out in the stix so to speak and my prior stops there were uneventful and freindly. I stopped my Ultra in out front on the gravel lot, got off and shut down my ipod, removed one glove and my HD stocking cap. About then I heard what I thought was a party going on. I reached for the enterance door, and I might have pulled 3-4 inches when suddenly it flew open. Out came a guy, around 45 yrs old and lets just say he was not happy at all. There were words exchanged between him and a woman :newsmile092: I cant repeat here. He went to the side door trying to get in and was looking for her and another guy to jack up. :newsmile108: I climbed back on my ride, installed ipod, HD head warmer and glove, and left. All withoput saying a word or removing the sunglasses or other glove. Glad I was not 3 seconds ealier! :sd

2. walleye

Hobbit,
    All in all, it was a great ride. It felt good as it has been awhile!:D

3. Crazyfrog

Crazyfrog Active Member

I just changed my grips this week, went from Kury Iso grip to Aileron's. I love these grips, I think the ISO's are just a bit too big around.
    Glad to hear your ride was good, even with the events you encountered.

4. cambridgehd

cambridgehd Member

ailerons are a harley part or kury ?

5. Crazyfrog

Crazyfrog Active Member

Harley part

6. cambridgehd

cambridgehd Member

ah yes, they look pretty cool, but pricey though. I do want to switch grips cuz the ones on my bike are kind of square in shape, dont feel natural.

7. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

As Crazyfrog said, they are available from MOCO at your local HD dealer. take a look at the HD Parts and Accessory catalog...it is also a free book, but be careful, it can draw the life right out of your wallet...:p

Genuine Motor Accessories | Harley-Davidson USA

8. cambridgehd

cambridgehd Member

Man and I thought the Donnie smith bike show did that already today!!!!

9. walleye

All I can tell you is that the Aileron grips are one mod I did that without thinking of them still finds me noticing the difference they make. Very comfortable. Noticably so while riding. I am glad I put them on.:s

10. Troy1225

Troy1225 Active Member

I think you made a wise decision :) Why have a great day ruined by someone else's problems.

Glad you like your new grips and had a great ride :)