free website stats program A couple of things! | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

A couple of things!

Not wanting to bust your bubble or anything but if you just add slip ons with the cat still in the header pipe , your not going to get much rumble anyway regardless of the slip on.

The passenger seat does sit higher and I had the same question when I took a 2K ride this summer. I attached my sissy bar bag on my back seat and utilized a set of chaps around the front of my bag for support. Worked really well and was like sitting in a lazy boy chair. HD also has an aftermarket seat that seems to sit a little lower and wider. I personally did not like the look of the seat though. Might be something think about. There are also aftermarket seats that would be a personal choice for you in what you are looking for. My last two bikes I got a mustang seat and was very happy with my choice. Pipes--I did a lot of research on slip-ons for our bike. I had narrowed it down to two choices which one was rush. I heard a lot of great customer reviews on these particular pipes. I went with Bassani because it was different. I am very impressed with these pipes and have had no issues. My brother has Rush pipes on his heritage and has nothing but good things to speak of (not slip-ons though) Good luck with your decisions and have fun with it.

I have a new to me 2012 Heritage Softail Classic and had the same problem with my rear seat. I took the seat to a lady who makes custom seats and seat covers. I had her shave the front of the seat to remove the part that rides into my lower back and also remove about 2 inches from the height of the seat. This makes it easier to swing my short fat leg over the saddle. She did a great job and made a new cover that looks like a factory job even down to the center stitching on the seat.
Total cost was $70 bucks. You could also check Evil bay or craig's list for a different seat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Same bike, also had the same issues with the seat, had an upholstery shop trim it down where it "hangs over", much better. Also run Rush slip-ons, 1.75s, like them much better than the SEs I had on there.

I had the same problem with my 2012 heritage, The wife also did not like the way the seat made here slide forward so I bought the Harley touring seat with driver back rest. Feels good for driver and passenger

Back