free website stats program A couple of things! | Harley Davidson Forums

A couple of things!

maxshovel

I just got back home to Madison, MS after riding my newly purchased 2012 Heritage Softail Classic from Wichita KS. It was a great ride! Just got back before the bitter cold hit that area.
I had been riding an 07' Heritage that was totalled after a car pulled out in front of me in September. Here are my questions:
The 2012 passenger seat is higher than the one on my 07', to the point of jutting into my lower back! During the ride back from Wichita, it began to hurt. Has anyone else experienced this? I guess I'll have to buy another passenger seat?
Also, with my 07', I did a Stage 1 upgrade with Rush slip-ons, the air intake upgrade and a Harley download. Should I look at other options, exhaust wise, etc?

Thank you all!
Max McDaniel
Madison, MS

I can't help with the seat issue. Rush slip ons have good performance results. The smaller the baffle, the better your low end will be, and not as loud as larger baffle sizes. Rush' tend to be loud no matter what baffle you use. Look at other slip on's for sure.

I just got back home to Madison, MS after riding my newly purchased 2012 Heritage Softail Classic from Wichita KS. It was a great ride! Just got back before the bitter cold hit that area.
I had been riding an 07' Heritage that was totalled after a car pulled out in front of me in September. Here are my questions:
The 2012 passenger seat is higher than the one on my 07', to the point of jutting into my lower back! During the ride back from Wichita, it began to hurt. Has anyone else experienced this? I guess I'll have to buy another passenger seat?
Also, with my 07', I did a Stage 1 upgrade with Rush slip-ons, the air intake upgrade and a Harley download. Should I look at other options, exhaust wise, etc?

Thank you all!
Max McDaniel
Madison, MS
If it we're me I'd open it up and get as much air into it as you can. As you know Harley's run lean so I'd look into a gen3 from Dobeck or others are on the market as well. Exhaust is a personal choice, go out and listen to bikes until you find the sound you like and there you go. These are JMO but it's a starting point if you want to make some easy well worth changes.

IMO, Rush is very good exhaust. many dealers sell them over their own Screaming Eagle

I have the Rush slip ons for my road king and absolutely love them. :) Not too loud, but a nice rumble. :s

Sound good to me! I would like to have High OutPut True Duals Rush Mufflers from Santa! :newsmile01:

Awesome! Thank y'all for the responses. I think I favor the Rush slip-ons as well and I plan to take note (pun intended) of some other exhaust options too.
Excited about having another bike after being without for three months!

Peace,
Max McDaniel

Thank you all!
Max McDaniel
Madison, MS
Yep, I had the same problen with the pass. seat. I just put a whole new seat on my 13. also I put arlen ness big sucker (inverted) air cleaner, gen 3 tuner, and for pipes...screaming eagle street performance slip ons with big city thunder QQ baffles. The slip ons by themselves were way too quiet. BCT helped a lot.

If you are just looking for some noise, keep the Rush baffles at 1.75" and no more change is needed....:s

Thanks again!
Coopernicus, I have wondered if anyone else had that problem with the passenger seat. I can't figure out how HD thought that it wouldn't be intrusive on the rider's back! Oh well, love the bike.... I'll just replace the seat when I have the coin. I think I'll spend some money on a Stage 1 upgrade first though, :)

Peace,
Max

Back