free website stats program A Christmas Story by RWB | Harley Davidson Forums

A Christmas Story by RWB

R_W_B

Along Christmas time all kinds of emotions run in folks. Some get real happy others get real depressed for various reasons. But mainly cause they are not happy and feel worse when so much "apparent" happiness is about everywhere during Christmas time.

There always seems to be 2 inside voices that speak to a person's spirit. One is that voice that rambles on all time speaking this and that and demands to be heard. Then there is the other voice that stays silent unless we are ready to listen, or shut the other voice up.

I was looking at all the nice new trucks way out of my price range and felt disappointed in my old beat up one and thought what a rough ride to get around in. Then I saw a guy thumbing a ride, I picked him up and he seemed happier than me. I let him out further down the road and he thanked me. And I didn't feel so bad about my old beat up truck. In fact I was thankful to have it.

I was disappointed because steak has become so expensive we never buy it anymore. Then I saw some folks standing in the local shelter soup line. They were thanking the volunteer servers as they received their servings. I decided to give a small donation to the soup kitchen and then I didn't miss the steak at all.

I felt disappointed that we did not have enough money this year to buy presents like we usually do. Then a family in the same condition told me how they were making each other presents for nearly nothing in costs but rich from the heart. Then I didn't feel so bad. I was thankful for such a great idea, especially after watching the fights on TV of folks shopping on Black Friday.

I felt disappointed that we don't have enough money to add that back screen porch to the house we've always wanted. Then I heard about some folks who lost their jobs and their home was repossessed for back payments, and I didn't feel so bad.

I thought for awhile, and I was talking to the voice that only talks when I listen. I said to the voice, wouldn't it be great if there was something of a great enough value that could pay the price to buy strength and peace for the soul for everyone, so that we all could not feel any need for nothing.

The voice said back to me, well it's a little more complex than that, but think about this for starters. And I saw a vision of a certain man hanging on a cross in between two others also on a cross.

Merry Christmas everybody. Dave

A lot of very worthwhile thoughts
Whilst in the army at times i lived in some very poor conditions and on occasions had to go hungry or thirsty for extended periods whilst living in a hole in the ground that i had dug
Now the important things in life to me are a roof over my head and food in my belly anything else is a bonus

Brian

Very heart warming Dave. Merry Christmas to you and your family and everyone here on HDTimeline:small3d017:

Thanks Dave and Merry Christmas to you as well. If all of us on this forum really thought about it, we all have it pretty good and are spoiled compared to many others on this earth. Just the fact we have Harley's and a computer to get on this forum tells me we're not wanting for much. :s JMHO

There,ll be no coal in your stalking this year Dave. Glad to hear your ok after your short absence was a bit worried for you and your wife. I may not allways comment but love to read your posts. Merry Christmas man:s

Thanks Dave. Merry Christmas and God bless you and your family. Indeed we are a blessed people.

Back