free website stats program A Call for Prayers and Comments | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

A Call for Prayers and Comments

mmmm that's a sad story. The bikes in the beginner riders course are small also so only the advanced course might have helped him.

I pray God's will be done in his condition now.

I agree not only do I think I would not survive a crash like that at my age, I don't even want to wake up from a crash like that. I've already had one bad wake up years ago when I was younger. I won't quit riding, but if I ever get in another bad one at my age, I don't want to wake up..

Man that was a hard read. I pray for your friend and you as well. I can only add this, I willl ride until I can't and if I'm taken while I'm riding then let it be so.

sorry to hear this my best wishes for his recovery. keep us informed of his recovery. as for your riding abilities if you dont enjoy it anymore then give it up. we cant live our lives in fear of what may happen. we just live for the enjoyment. if your not enjoying yourself then your not living.

A final comment on a near tragedy. Joe, after numerous surgeries, is alert and communicating as best he can with a trach and jaw wired shut. He has no recollection of the accident, not too unusual in such cases. He can breathe on his own for periods of time but still needs the vent when it affects his heart rate, heart was bruised in the crash. Many months of rehab ahead but it appears that he will make a near full recovery. I want to thank all who kept him in mind and prayed for his recovery. Best to all of you and be safe out there.
Ishmael

A final comment on a near tragedy. Joe, after numerous surgeries, is alert and communicating as best he can with a trach and jaw wired shut. He has no recollection of the accident, not too unusual in such cases. He can breathe on his own for periods of time but still needs the vent when it affects his heart rate, heart was bruised in the crash. Many months of rehab ahead but it appears that he will make a near full recovery. I want to thank all who kept him in mind and prayed for his recovery. Best to all of you and be safe out there.
Ishmael
Great to hear good news in situations like this!!!

That story hit very close to home. I have ridden dirt bikes for 30+ years and the occasional crotch rocket. In July I bought an 04 Road King (I love this bike), and wow what a difference. I have ridden strictly on back roads and parking lots for the last month or so and am still adjusting.
Your friend has my prayers!!

Back