free website stats program A/C and Jetting Questions??? | Harley Davidson Forums

A/C and Jetting Questions???

I just bought a used 2004 Sportster 1200C. The previous owner put 6000 miles on it. He had the screamin eagle II exhaust installed, and the carb re-jetted for them. The bike runs great. He doesn't know what jets the dealer installed. I found a Screamin Eagle Stage I Air cleaner kit for sale off of a 2007 model. It has the composite back plate, air cleaner cover adapter, filter element, breather system, cover trim, and all mounting hardware. Will it fit on my 2004? Also, if it will, what would be a good starting point on the jetting? What jet kit do you guys reccomend? I have a little experience jetting metric dirtbikes and atv's, but this is my first harley jet job. Any pointers or tips would be great! Thank you guys!

yes, but the a/c kit doesn't have anything to do with that does it? It's just a filter, backing plate and hardware essientially. They look about the same in pics.

they look the same but if i remember right the inlet from the airfilter is different to accomdate the FI kit and the backing is slightly different

Well, that sucks. I've been looking on the internet. I can find the 07+ ones everywhere, but I can't seem to find a 04-06 one. You guys know of anywhere I could find one? Can I order one from the dealership?

Well turns out the screamin eagle stage i kit is mine. I thought the deal fell through, but the guy called me back. So, I'm supposed to pick it up at the dealership tommorrow. I plan on buy some #4 washers, a 45 and 46 slow (pilot) jet, and a 185 and 190 main jet. The bike is gonna have the se stage i and the se ii slip ons. Do you guys think those jets will get me running fine. Also, will the dealer be able to sell me the individual jets? About how much should they cost me?

Those jets should get you in the ballpark for sure. I doubt the dealer will have the individual jets without ordering them for you. They will probably try to sell you the kit for much more $$$.

The #46 jet is hard to find , here's a link if you need it..... #46 JET

Back