A Big Storm-----a Nice Ride

Discussion in 'Road Trips/Touring' started by gasbag, Jan 18, 2010.

1. gasbag

gasbag Active Member

Last night we had another wind storm. 60+ mph. Power out everywhere, trees down, fences down, cows in trees.

I woke up this morning and it was clear skies and 50. So, being a good father I jumped on my son's V-Rod and went out for a spin. He stores it here and he asked me to ride it once in a while so who am I to disagree. Nice bike, fast bike, handles weird. Put about 60 miles on it and came home.

Then I saw my Heritage looking at me all ticked off because I didn't ride it. So, being a good motorcycle owner I jumped on it and went out for a spin. Nice bike, not quite so fast of a bike, handles like a dream. Man I love my Heritage. Put about 70 miles on it and came home.

So I now have two happy motorcycles in my garage because they finally got out on the road and I am one happy old guy because I got to take two bikes out on a nice day and breathe the fresh air.

I don't mean to rub it in of course.
    Wait; yes I do...............:D:D

2. cedarbrook63

cedarbrook63 Junior Member

Ah Gasbag - isn't life good...:D

3. Trek

Trek Junior Member

Our day's coming.

4. Dr. Dolittle

Dr. Dolittle Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

Very considerate of you to give each bike equal time and your undivided attention!

5. scts

scts Member

Not sure about that, seems like there's an unfair 10 mile difference... think you still need to work that out - say in 45 mile increaments :)

6. B-1B_Guy

B-1B_Guy Junior Member

I'm envious.......more snow headed to SD this week. Glad you got out.

7. sprinklerfitter669

sprinklerfitter669 Junior Member

i know im jealous

8. krazy3

krazy3 Member

I'm jealous too. Freezing rain here today :(