free website stats program 99hp 98fttq on the cheap | Harley Davidson Forums

99hp 98fttq on the cheap

Friend of mine just got his bike engine (05 TC88 FLHUC)built and tuned, He already had all the normal bolt-ons (air-cleaner SE, pipe Rinehart true duels, SERT) which made 78hp and 80tq.
He had a local Indy, bore his cylinders to 95ci and fit KB flat top 9.25/1 pistons $250, Andrews 37G cams & install $350, SE adj. push-rods $100, Street port heads with new Manley valves and springs $350, Comtec gaskets and assembly with Dyno tune $400 broke in ready to ride $1450
99hp and 98tq on regular 87 no go gas!

That's a great increase for the money. Hard to beat that, bet it would run better without the true duals, they rob low end tq.

Last edited:
i think he should have gone with a 26G cam, lose some HP gain some TQ. But he's thrilled. Cheep build that would be even cheaper in a TC96. Just do the heads and cam, should make over 100TQ and at least 95+HP.

Only problem with doing up the 96 is the crank not being up to the task. There have been a few that scissored out of spec already with the runout eating up the oil pumps and cam plate. I'll stay with the stock 96 and just enjoy it as is.

Back