free website stats program 99 roadking cluch problem | Harley Davidson Forums

99 roadking cluch problem

Fearless1

My roadking broke the belt I replased it and now it wont find neutral and it has no clutch when you go to start it it is in gear and jumps is this due to the cluch bad and it caused the break in the belt? it has been a long time since I needed help here and you have been great help in the past I hope you guys can lead me in the right direction Thank you very much for any help you can give me.:(

As you will have taken the primary off to replace the belt when refitting the primary did you check the clutch adjustment prior to refitting the primary cover

Brian

I readjusted the clutch after all the replacements just as the book called for I have did this numerous times and it is just not working this time it acts like no clutch at all it is just in gear you depress the clutch and hit the starter and it is direct drive the bike takes off.

I readjusted the clutch after all the replacements just as the book called for I have did this numerous times and it is just not working this time it acts like no clutch at all it is just in gear you depress the clutch and hit the starter and it is direct drive the bike takes off.

Check the diaphragm spring and clutch push rod and throw out bearing

I put in a new bar and I watched the clutch compress and decompress befor I buttoned it up everything looked fine could it be the clutch disks shot causing it to act like direct drive? I can't find neutral and pulling in the clutch dosent disengage it at all when you hit the starter it just lunges forward?

When the engine is off you should be able to select neutral without the clutch but may require the bike to be pushed back and fore for the gears to move
the clutch plates could be stuck together but may release when the bike has warmed up a wee bit

Brian

I put in a new bar and I watched the clutch compress and decompress befor I buttoned it up everything looked fine could it be the clutch disks shot causing it to act like direct drive? I can't find neutral and pulling in the clutch dosent disengage it at all when you hit the starter it just lunges forward?

Clutch is not releasing, tear it down look at the plates close, reassemble and adjust clutch pack and cable cold Harley Davidson Community

Back