free website stats program 99 Road King Classic Fuel Leak @ swivel fittings on both High & Low pressure lines? | Harley Davidson Forums

99 Road King Classic Fuel Leak @ swivel fittings on both High & Low pressure lines?

myroadking

Help.. Does anyone have a fix other than replacing both fuel lines. At this point I have to get my bike towed to the shop for repairs becuase the fuel leak is so bad i scared to ride it.

I have a 99 road king and had the same problem. The only way to fix is new fuel lines. I got mine through J & P cycle very nice braided lines very easy install and at around $160.00 better than stock. Be extra careful when screwing fittings into tank, can easily strip threads in tank.

99-

Thank you very much. I was just looking into that. Do you know if the replacement lines from J & P were made by "Goodridge" ? I found lines much like you described and they are made by goodridge Part # HDFL005. $151.99

Not sure what he used but Goodridge is very good quality IMO.

My 99 also started leaking. Boy, it sure was pouring out and I also was very concerned about riding it. It happened when I was about 60 miles from home, but 2 miles from a dealer. I took it there and bit the bullet on the pricing, but they did a fine job and replaced both lines with nice chrome braided lines.

They only thing I don't know about now, is that they don't appear to be stock, can I still remove the tank without gas spilling everywhere? I should have thought to ask at the dealer but I was so pleased that it was fixed that I forgot.

Does anyone know?

There is an o ring in each chrome quick disconnect.
There is a john deere part number that fits it.

On the intake you can buy a o - ring kit if it is leaking at the throttle body.
3 for each injector
3 for each fuel line fitting
Also buy new spring tension clip. Maybe a couple extra. Man do they fly!!

Just did my 2000 road king.
New o - rings in Intake, new fitting in tank, new fuel lines in tank, new fuel filter in tank
Replaced leaking seal on intake leak and kind of rebuilt it while I had it apart.

Straightleg

I discovered the same problem on my 99 RK.
Called the HD shop and they told me I need a #61471-95A fitting.
Does anyone know how difficult it is to replace this part?
Apparently it's the fitting only. No fuel lines need replaced, inside tank or out.
Thanks much!
Steve

I discovered the same problem on my 99 RK.
Called the HD shop and they told me I need a #61471-95A fitting.
Does anyone know how difficult it is to replace this part?
Apparently it's the fitting only. No fuel lines need replaced, inside tank or out.
Thanks much!
Steve

That part # looks like a fuel line and fitting to me. Cant be to difficult to change.....

Back