free website stats program 99 Road Glide Brake light | Harley Davidson Forums

99 Road Glide Brake light

bobsbars

Looking for a solution to brake light stuck on problem. Cruise control quit working several months ago and now notice that brake light is stuck on.
I'm certain that this has been addressed many times in the past but today is my 1st day here.

Thanx,

check the switch in the housing of the front brake lever and also the switch for the rear brake one of um is bad or short in the wiring..

I would check the rear brake light switch first as it is the most exposed to elements

More than likely what Bud said. The switch in the brake lever on the bars is either stuck or broken off.

Don't know what the bulb would have to do with it if it is lit.

As the others have said, the lack of cruise control is a symptom...the brake light stuck on is the likely root cause...

On or about the time the cruise control went out, did you add an accessory or do some work near the right handle bar controls. Might want to start there and try to inspect that brake light switch under the brake lever.

If you check the manual, when ever you work on the controls or master cylinder, you must "shim" the lever in the actuated position or you can damage the little momentary switch nib/end. When you disassemble be very careful that the copper colored spring clip does not fall out, and you inspect the wiring going into the handlebar/control halves are not pinching any of them.

Back