free website stats program 99 evo vibration problems | Harley Davidson Forums

99 evo vibration problems

jason2005

Im new here so forgive me if i am doing something wrong. I need some help. I have a 99 heritage softail classic with a evo engine. I've had it for two years and cant seem to find anyone who can help. At high RPMs i have tremendous vibration problems. its so bad that my feet ,hands, and back fall asleep to the point everything iches and tingles everywhere my body touches the bike. i just want to know what could be done, if anything. Let me know if you have any questions.

What about tires.

How old are they?
Are they cracked or partialy deformed?
Are they properly balanced?

Also check bearing end play on both.

Wow thanks for replys. Bike is in excellent shape.the viberations are at higher speeds.about 65 to 75 miles an hour. The tires are 2 years old and are mezller 880. Great tires. But they are not balanced. It has been modified before I got it. It has adjustible pushrods ,vance and hines exaust.

Dan gave some good info, always have tires balanced on anything that goes faster than a hand truck.:D

Could be your problem here.

Wow thanks for replys. Bike is in excellent shape.the viberations are at higher speeds.about 65 to 75 miles an hour. The tires are 2 years old and are mezller 880. Great tires. But they are not balanced. It has been modified before I got it. It has adjustible pushrods ,vance and hines exaust.

even though the tires are only 2 years old (and not balanced!!)-how many miles do they have on them and also what other mods. has the scoot seen other than what you have posted???

This bike had the vibration problems before I put the 880s on there. Tires probally have 3000 miles on the tires.that's all the mods that the bike has that I know of.

Gary I appreciate the info and offer. This weekend I'm going to check the motor mount and get the tires balanced.If none of that works I will try something different. I just didn't know if the hard mounted ,non balanced engines were suppost to viberate that hard. Now that I know I will try everything in my power to get this fixed. Just happy its looking like I'm ont going to have to sell her.

Im new here so forgive me if i am doing something wrong. I need some help. I have a 99 heritage softail classic with a evo engine. I've had it for two years and cant seem to find anyone who can help. At high RPMs i have tremendous vibration problems. its so bad that my feet ,hands, and back fall asleep to the point everything iches and tingles everywhere my body touches the bike. i just want to know what could be done, if anything. Let me know if you have any questions.

How many miles on this bike?Have the neck bearings ever been done?Figure you guys covered everything else.

the bike has 13000 miles on it and other than sceduled maintance thats all that has been done.

Well i had a Harley mechanic look over my bike and balanced my tires, check my motor mounts. All were great. He told me on a scale from one to ten. My softail rated about a 9 on the worst hes felt. Anybody have any other suggestions? it would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back