free website stats program $99.00 seat belt ticket | Harley Davidson Forums

$99.00 seat belt ticket

Mavagrand

Wife got a ticket for not wearing her seatbelt. $99.00. Wow! As a deputy sheriff for the past 19 years, I had no idea the penalty for a non moving violation had risen this high. (albeit I haven't written a citation in years, been a detective since 1999). Anyway, it was a local municipality that wrote the ticket to her. It was interesting what went through my mind as I drove away (she was the passenger). I was angry at both her and the officer ($99.00 for pete's sake, thats a lot of chrome!!). What surprised me was how angry I got at the officer, even though he was polite and just doing his job, it angered me. Ultimately she was not wearing her seatbelt so pay the fine we will. Had to vent! Ride safe and for those in cages...WEAR YOUR SEATBELT!!

WOW, good thing he did not get you for anything serious. So, (wait for it) Just where are the seat belts attached on an Electra Glide????
Sorry
Never good to get a ticket but like you say, when you get caught, you get caught

Have to say that I am surprised that he didn't give you a break knowing you were a law enforcement officer. Up in our neck of the woods, they do seatbelt checks every so often, but the check point is so well advertised, that if you see the sign and don't buckle up, you kind of deserve the ticket. But, like you said, he was only doing his job, and the municipal coffers are all the better for your wife's mistake.

The days of "professional courtesy" are over, for the most part. It has become a political "hot potato" that most agencies don't wanna deal with. Pretty much if you get pulled, you get a ticket. I'm not the first cop to have it happen...we even write our own when they have an accident in an agency vehicle.

Wow, thats seems excessive for a seat belt violation, but that just goes to show local municipalities are going to great length to generate revenues. In our area there's talk of bringing back those speed scamera's & the ever Loved (NOT) Red light scameras... :newsmile093:

since now most citys are into money making on non criminal stuff its not a surprise .. wearing a seat belt should be like a helmet your choice not forced on ya so they can ticket ya

Back