free website stats program 98 ultra classic error code | Harley Davidson Forums

98 ultra classic error code

HarleyC98Ultra

How do I get the error code form my 98 ultra classic????
I Turn it on fuel pump kicks in with red engine light on...light goes out start bike red engin light comes on for about 10 seconds or so then goes out.
I've read several threads on this but need ot get the code.
I have had a couple hard starts Running a little rough so I replaced the air filter it was a K&N but was so oil soaked and the wire mesh was crushed up a little bit just enough to not allow for tight seal so just put a new one on....
I just bought the bike last Friday and know nothing about the bike.
Guidance neededededededed... please :(...

I had a problem wiht the stero changing channels and bands all by its self and found wires shorting out against the stereo behind fairing, fixed that no problems....

Every one ride safe and keep the dirty side down...
Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Charley...........1998 Ultra Classic K&N big filter, Rinehart true dual exhaust system 1340cc all I have for info at this time.

from what I've read, since the lite goes out after about 10 secs, u have a "historic" code that is now resolved(somehow?)....and after about 50 successful starts/runs, the lite will go out on its own(or u can have a dealer clear it for you)......

There is a procedure to get the error code in the Factory Service Manual. It's easy to do. I don't remember each step exactly but you turn the ign. on, then off, then on, then off, then wait for the codes to come up as a series of flashes of the red light. Count the blinks, wait for the pause, then count the blinks again. 5 blinks, pause, then 6 blinks means you have error code 56. You then look that up in the book and it will tell you what's wrong.

Back