free website stats program 98 sporty | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

98 sporty

I have been sifting though sport problems and it seems that the pickup coil is the problem. I am going to order one. I will post when i get it done. hopefully this is the fix.

Is there any body out there I am putting a screeming eagle cam sensor is tere a timing window some place that i just cant find Thanks Ron

The timing cover is between the cylinders on the right side of the engine looks like a big allen bolt during timing set up that would be replaced by a clear plastic plug that you can use a strobe light with if you dont have the clear plug you can just leave it open bit it will throw a lot of small drops of oil out and you will have a fair bit of cleaning to do

Brian

Hi Brian I went and got a site glass and timed it i think it is real close it runs good starts right up no extra noises. but when you get on it hard it pings. I think i am going to take it and have a dealer check the timing.

Hi Brian I went and got a site glass and timed it i think it is real close it runs good starts right up no extra noises. but when you get on it hard it pings. I think i am going to take it and have a dealer check the timing.

Back it off a bit too much advance and try better gas and save yourself 1 hour flat rate at the Stealer:s

Good call Jack and Goatman...the "ping" point is where you balance the timing advance with the grade of gas you have...once all the other ignition, fueling and compression/condition of overall engine housekeeping sorted and taken care of. Sounds like you are there...cheers and many miles of great rides ahead!!! :D

Back