free website stats program '98 heritage softail carb question | Harley Davidson Forums

'98 heritage softail carb question

eire1400

Hello from Ireland. Ive an evo engine 98' heritage softail and I've a few questions too:
See pic.
What carb comes as standard on these? can u tell from the pic is this standard? Is there a restricted back plate on this model? Any other info gratefully received!! thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Photo0641.jpg
    Photo0641.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 20
To get a better look at the carb remove the filter backing plate by removing the three pillar bolts and the two breather bolts that go into the heads take note of any washers and their respective placing
however from what i can see it is a stock keihin cv carb

Brian

That's a stock 40mm Keihin CV carb with accellerator pump and a performance a/c backing plate - probably S-E.
The carb was used on BT's I believe from '88 & Sporty's from '89
What do I win?

That's a stock 40mm Keihin CV carb with accellerator pump and a performance a/c backing plate - probably S-E.
The carb was used on BT's I believe from '88 & Sporty's from '89
What do I win?

Thanks again Karl, So no need to upgrade my back plate then! One less off the LIST!!

Plenty of info on how to tune & upgrade those CV's around - also ref my earlier post.
You should know that it is a good performer - it will keep up with most anything you throw at it if you keep the original engine size.

Back