free website stats program 98 FLHT Fuel Float Sending Unit | Harley Davidson Forums

98 FLHT Fuel Float Sending Unit

Can anyone tell me on which side of the tank is the fuel float sending unit located on a 1998 Harley Davidson FLHT Electra Glide Standard. Reason - Can't find a used unit for my '95 FLHTCU-I. This '98 unit is for sale on ebay. If the float is on the left side of the tank, it should work (minor adaptation required) on my '95. Harley want $115 for a new unit. My '95 is fuel injected and this '98 year unit is off of a carburated unit; but I can't see what difference it would make on a sending unit. Thanks for your help. Joe

hi; i own a 94 harley electric glide classic. i have the problem with sending unit reading at all. anyone tell me how to work on getting to it and how hard is it to check? is it easy to tear apart to check it

Remove your console, 1 screw at the rear, 2 screws under the fuel door. You will see 5 screws holding the sending unit down to the top of the tank. Remove them and lift the unit out of the tank. No need to drain the tank. Book shows to replace the gasket under the unit where it bolts to the tank. You can check the movement with an VOM meter for ohms. If you don't have manual I would get one.
tourbox

hi; i own a 94 harley electric glide classic. i have the problem with sending unit reading at all. anyone tell me how to work on getting to it and how hard is it to check? is it easy to tear apart to check it

HD93FLHT072.gif

Here is a picture of what Tourbox is talking about hope it helps

Back