free website stats program 97 road king inj on a 95 softail? help! | Harley Davidson Forums

97 road king inj on a 95 softail? help!

rebop53

Account Removed
buddy just gave me a complete 97 road king efi setup. what problems are there in putting it on a 95 softail? is it a big deal? i'm a mechanic by trade and am good with wiring. what about the fuel pump? any help would be greatly apreciated>thanx,DAVE

I doubt it would be worthwhile doing from the cost factor. You're looking at a different model bike which means complete wiring harness changes as well as electronics for the FI that aren't on the carb model.

That is the Magnelli F.I. system, stick with a carb., would not even want to attempt that or put that on your bike. Your talking you need to add the heat sensor in the head also, leave it be. JMHO.

thanx,only know efi on cars & trucks.thanx for the heads up.will stick with my hot cv.thanx again,DAVE

Honestly, you would not be doing yourself any favors. If you are looking for a little better throttle response try the Yost Power Tube or adding a fuel circuit with a Thunderjet.

just might try power tube. i've got a cv on my 80 shovel in a chopped softail frame. i think it's the best carb bar none for a harley. easy to mod and parts a plenty. thanx again,DAVE

Shovel is my favorite motor. Post some pictures of it, I gots a shovel no more, riding a twin cam, cannot compare them. I miss my shovel. :bigsmiley15:

Back