free website stats program 97 evo motor needs oil cooler | Harley Davidson Forums

97 evo motor needs oil cooler

Recently returned from annual Daytona Trip Rode RT95 with 2007 Street Glide, nice ride, however when I got off the highway, I noticed the oil light ws coming on.
I relaized that the RPMS were dropping to 600 not a good thing due to the Magneti Morrelli EFI system the enigne temperature was probably setting the revs very low. I will need to have this re-adjusted again for the highway performance, I run Royal Purple 20W-50W weight Synthetic oil, My oil pressure is fine I just believe to need an oil cooler for when things get hot and I am stuck in traffic the oil pressure drops and things start clanging.

Please help with reccomendations for different applications, I am thinking of the JAG4700 model with 10rows of cooling fins, comes with thermostatic adapter for the Oil filter.

Any thoughts comments besides to buy a new bike, would be greatly appreciated. You see most applications today, are for twin cam 88 models I need 80 cu in. EVO model coolers.

Thank You
THE BOGGER

You should rethink what you posted.

2007 Street Glide ..... due to the Magneti Morrelli EFI system.

You have a delphi unit on that bike.Which are you referring to?

I think he was indicating that he was riding with another person, who was on a 2007 Street Glide, and he was riding his 1997 FLHTCUI

Please help with reccomendations for different applications, I am thinking of the JAG4700 model with 10rows of cooling fins, comes with thermostatic adapter for the Oil filter. THE BOGGER

Yep. I put the Jagg on my '03 FLHTCUI. But check the P/N you are listing above. The cooler kit was the #2300 (chrome is #2380) and the adapter is the #4700 (with thermostat). They also have vertical kits if you prefer that. See here:

Jagg Application Chart and Pricing

And to really dress it up, add some braided SS oil lines!

Drag Specialties :: Tanks & Oil Filters > Oil & Vent Lines & Fittings > UNIVERSAL STAINLESS STEEL BRAIDED OIL LINES

TQ

Last edited:
To ALL
I apologize fro misleading the crowd. I own a 97 EVO with MM EFI. When Riding the Highway I was with a 2007 streetglide. My oil was getting hot and red light would come on after getting off the highway exit.

So meanwhile I will looki into thwe JAGG unit but htere is another new one BUD'S oli cooler. It does not show an application fo rthe EVO style engine, Just 200 and up FLHT.
also very pricey adventure $539.00

Wil keep looking.
Thanks and sorry for the confusion

BOGGER

Have you looked at using the engine guard as a cooler since you are not looking at a fan cooled one, and it will be a lot less noticeable and cheaper. Do a search there are guys with pictures and part numbers.:):)

Have you looked at using the engine guard as a cooler since you are not looking at a fan cooled one, and it will be a lot less noticeable and cheaper. Do a search there are guys with pictures and part numbers.:):)

What? I'd like to se more info on this,anyone?

Thanx for the fast response (as usual) do you know of anyone thats ever done this? Also what do you think would be the best way to insure you get all the metal shavings out of the crash bar?

Back