free website stats program 96 to 103 stage 2 conversion | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

96 to 103 stage 2 conversion

TQ's suggestion on contacting Dobeck for TFI settings to run prior to a dyno tune is a good idea. However, I doubt that the Dobeck guys are familiar with the TTS100/150 cams so tubguy should ask for settings for the SE255 or Andrews 48 cams which should be close to settings for the TTS 100/150 cams; Steve Cole has never published the specs for either of those cams.

Tubguy has access to one of the best tuners in Canada and the lower 48. No disrespect to the Dobeck guys and their hardware but that cam set needs a dyno tune to optimize performance; the Dobeck unit will leave TQ/HP on the table........:icon_wink:

There is always the "caveman" method to R/R inner cam bearings which I have used in the past. I started helping locals with cam upgrades and did purchase a tool that I have let friends and family borrow rather than volunteer for the job. No special tools required.:cool:
I like the caveman solution!!!

Now that's some BANG for the buck.....:eek:
BTW, That was a 200 mile ride not 2 miles:p

It was more than I wanted to spend. I had a set of Jackpot 2/1/2 Head Pipes installed with a Dyno tune done to the bike. I did not like the way the Jackpot 2/1/2 Head Pipes performed. So,upload_2016-4-16_5-44-41.png I purchased a set of D&D Fat Cats and had another Dyno Tune done to the bike. It was expensive but what I learned about the bike and how a 2 into 1 exhaust performs when it’s well tuned was worth it.:cool:

Attachments

• upload_2016-4-16_5-44-41.png
    upload_2016-4-16_5-44-41.png
    137 bytes · Views: 4
Thanks Dolt,
The tune was at the dealer, I called it "EPA" just being smart...
I understand the BR pipes are a limiting factor for torque as well as HP. I selected them for looks :) now I have gotten some education into the Harley V-twin realities.
I do have the SEPST (pro tuner) so when I do this the tuner can get everything possible. I think I will do the 107" kit and have a hot bike. I totaled my Sportster last July and miss it...1200, heads, cam, and tuner very quick bike.

Thanks for all the knowledge and help on this forum!

Steve

And I should check the crankshaft runout before doing this, right?

If you are considering gear drive cams, checking runout prior to purchasing cams is a must do. I would check anyway if planning to make more power so you will have a baseline to compare with in the post build future. Check with cam plate removed for a more accurate reading.;)

Yes, would hate to get 100+ tq,hp on a wobbly crank. Would you recommend the gear drive cams?
Absolutely, providing your crank runout is less than .003" measured at the pinion shaft with the cam plate removed. There are guys that are running gears at .004" runout with no issues but .003" is the generally accepted outer limit for gear drive cams.

Hey guys,
Finally got it done. Went to Nanaimo had Russel from Lonewolf do the install and tune.
I used Mastertune tuner, Tts100 cams. New s&s lifter and adjustable push rods.
On my 96 I started with 77hp and around 87 torque. After Russel got everything tied up and dynoed u ended up wth 87 HP and 105 torque.
Thanks to everyone

Back