free website stats program 96 to 103 stage 2 conversion | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

96 to 103 stage 2 conversion

With much investigation and all the info that has been given to me from the forum members and also talking briefly wth Doc from Doc's Performance. I've chosen to have the TTS100 cams with New bearings, adjustable pushrods and the Mastertune installed.Doc recommended Lone wolf performance on Vancouver Island. So mid May it'll be all done. Thanks to all. If there's anymore suggestions let me know.

Thanks
Darin

My 2009 96CI With a SE255 cam D&D Fat Cat pipes and TTS tuner Max TQ=100.4; MaxHP=89.21
I went on a 2 mile ride his passed Sunday. I was screw'n around and opened it up. I chirped the rear tire when I hit 2nd gear passing (like he was standing still) a friend on a Road King 103. This new rear tire will not last long. :rolleyes:
Now that's some BANG for the buck.....:eek:

With much investigation and all the info that has been given to me from the forum members and also talking briefly wth Doc from Doc's Performance. I've chosen to have the TTS100 cams with New bearings, adjustable pushrods and the Mastertune installed.Doc recommended Lone wolf performance on Vancouver Island. So mid May it'll be all done. Thanks to all. If there's anymore suggestions let me know.

Thanks
Darin

Not trying to derail your project; just providing more information. Steve Cole recently introduced the TTS150 cam set. The TTS150 gives up a little bit on the low end buy not much; strong mid range, more HP and carries all out further than the TTS100 which is pretty much done at 4500rpms. If you are interested, talk to Doc, or better yet, Steve Cole. You can't go wrong with either cam and will be more than pleased with the results. Just a suggestion as most are not aware that the TTS150 is available.:cool:

Lone Wolf is a great tuner.;)

Not trying to derail your project; just providing more information. Steve Cole recently introduced the TTS150 cam set. The TTS150 gives up a little bit on the low end buy not much; strong mid range, more HP and carries all out further than the TTS100 which is pretty much done at 4500rpms. If you are interested, talk to Doc, or better yet, Steve Cole. You can't go wrong with either cam and will be more than pleased with the results. Just a suggestion as most are not aware that the TTS150 is available.:cool:

Lone Wolf is a great tuner.;)
Dolt thanks for the reply, now you've added some thought. I'll look into the tts150. I've not heard of them but if it's a bit better performance I'd try it. Is Doc on this forum?

Dolt thanks for the reply, now you've added some thought. I'll look into the tts150. I've not heard of them but if it's a bit better performance I'd try it. Is Doc on this forum?

No, Doc is not here. Talk to Steve or give Lonewolf a call; he may be familiar with the TTS100/150 cams and actually have some hands on tuning experience with them...............;)

Late to the thread, but from what you have said above, I suggest that you save a bunch of money by doing the wrenching yourself. It is an easy job on the TCs with no bearing surface in the nose cone cover. Check out the link below for a pictorial when I did the roller chain conversion on my '03 UC. If you are just doing the cams (and related bearings), it is a piece-of-cake.

http://www.hdtimeline.com/threads/tqs-engine-build.13001/

Cheers,

TQ

Late to the thread, but from what you have said above, I suggest that you save a bunch of money by doing the wrenching yourself. It is an easy job on the TCs with no bearing surface in the nose cone cover. Check out the link below for a pictorial when I did the roller chain conversion on my '03 UC. If you are just doing the cams (and related bearings), it is a piece-of-cake.

http://www.hdtimeline.com/threads/tqs-engine-build.13001/

Cheers,

TQ
Hi TQ
I would do the cams and pushrods. However I need a cam bearing puller and when I get the parts in. I wouldn't be able to ride far before it needed a dyno tune.

I bought the inner cam shaft bearing puller/installer tools from George's Garage. You might be able to find them or similar online cheaper, or you can buy them from GG and then sell them on ebay or here when you are finished. Here is the link to George's:

http://www.georges-garage.com/tc_engine_2.htm

The Dobeck fueler you have should be fine until you can get to your Dyno tuner guy. In fact, you might call Dobeck and talk to the Tech guys about what you have done to the engine and how you want to ride pulling a trailer, etc. Get their suggestions for the settings on the Dobeck fueler you have (I have the EJK on my '12 UC). You might be surprised at how well that does and feel you don't need to spend more on the SESPT and dyno time.

Cheers,

TQ

TQ's suggestion on contacting Dobeck for TFI settings to run prior to a dyno tune is a good idea. However, I doubt that the Dobeck guys are familiar with the TTS100/150 cams so tubguy should ask for settings for the SE255 or Andrews 48 cams which should be close to settings for the TTS 100/150 cams; Steve Cole has never published the specs for either of those cams.

Tubguy has access to one of the best tuners in Canada and the lower 48. No disrespect to the Dobeck guys and their hardware but that cam set needs a dyno tune to optimize performance; the Dobeck unit will leave TQ/HP on the table........ :icon_wink

There is always the "caveman" method to R/R inner cam bearings which I have used in the past. I started helping locals with cam upgrades and did purchase a tool that I have let friends and family borrow rather than volunteer for the job. No special tools required.:cool:

Back