free website stats program 96 FXSTC starts on front cylynder then... | Harley Davidson Forums

96 FXSTC starts on front cylynder then...

Brainj

(EDIT) ! My 96 FXSTC will intermittently run on 1 cylinder. The front cylinder always fires but the back will go in and out. I replaced the plugs and wires.
It will start on the front cylinder, then the back will kick on after a while. then the back will go out again. Has anyone had this problem? Please help.

Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you changed from the stock duel fire ignition? Has anything been done to the bike recently?

WTH! My 96 FXSTC will intermittently run on 1 cylinder. The front cylinder always fires but the back will go in and out. I replaced the plugs and wires.
It will start on the front cylinder, then the back will kick on after a while. then the back will go out again. Has anyone had this problem? Please help.

Have you checked the ignition coil yet?

It goes out for about 3 minutes then on for a while then out for a few minutes. it will start on 1 cylinder then the front will kick in. The rear is cold until it kicks on.

Running for three min, are you fouling the rear plug?

You have 2 into 2 exhaust on that bike from your picture. Try covering the rear exhaust pipe when it's not firing and hot and see if you can feel the compression from that cylinder or if it's lacking. Possibly a hanging valve.

Save me the trouble of looking it up. :)
Would you know if your ignition system (which you said is factory STOCK) is single fire or dual fire,,, And do you have a stand alone CAM trigger, CRANK trigger or Both.

Back