free website stats program 96 cu | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

96 cu

and if you put a 2010 engine in with a mm efi system, it will not run without the cam sensor, correct me if im wrong.

Your absolutely correct. I had forgot all about that. The late model Delphi is designed to work as a single fire ignition with no cam sensor. (anyone know how that can even be possible:). And it is not a trick question)

But if your going to do it, a late model Delphi ECM would be the way to go. But I am pretty sure your going to need a new TSM, speedo and coil pack.

New motor is an 08. I talked to a mech at Eagle Harley in Lafayette IN, they do a lot of racing stuff for HDs. He suggested finding a main harness from an 07 or later Ultra and using the fuel inj from that also, just as someone on here suggested.
I'm not sure if my 08 has the cam senser or not but the upgraded harness should take care of that if it does. As for voltage reg, he said as long as the reg is matched to the charging system I shouldn't have a problem but wasn't really sure. Surely someone out there has done a custom bike using a later model twin cam setup, just need to find them.

I'm not sure if my 08 has the cam senser or not but the upgraded harness should take care of that if it does.

That has already been answered. Late model Delphi does not use cam sensors for ignition phasing.
I would be sure the current rating of the regulator is at least the current rating of the stator your using. Number of rotor magnets and stator don't HAVE to match but should if you want the least amount of A/C ripple.

Back