free website stats program 96 ci big bore/stroker build | Harley Davidson Forums

96 ci big bore/stroker build

Anyone turned out their 80 ci stock Evo to a 96 ci big bore/stroker? Been leaning towards this build for my FXR3. Cases are post '95, so are said to be strong enough for the extra bore. Ofcourse, other mods would complete this build. I have heard and read that this is a strong, reliable and durable build. Any downside or problems or things I should be aware? Thanks.

On my 90 fxstc I'm running a 97 in. big bore evo. I didn't use the stock cases because that year was known to not like being bored out that far so I used Merch cases which are really bulletproof, Merch has since gone away. My stroke is stock 4.25 with the bore 3 13/16. This is a very stout engine that isn't lacking for torque or horsepower. I'm not running really high compression, just around 9.7:1. I've got other components that seem to work well in this engine, still get around 45 mpg if I don't get on it much, about 35 when pushing it.

nwbiker,

What cam are you running with. What kind of head modification? Looks like from your pic that u r using Thunderheader 2 into 1. What carb and air cleaner? Ignition?

I'm running a Dave Mackie dm581 cam, velva touch lifters, Jims roller rockers, taperlite pushrods, Edelbrock performer rpm heads milled down to 85cc combustion chamber, JE flat top pistons, Edelbrock Quicksilver carb., Merch cases, Axtel cast iron cylinders, S&S bottom end, Revtech singlefire ignition. Jagg 10 row oil cooler. I'm still running a stock tranny, but all the gearing on the primary to the rear pulley has been changed to higher gearing since I've got the power to pull it, now the final gearing is 2.84:1, running 80 is around 2900 rpms. Thunderheader 2 into 1 exhaust.

Piston speed with the longer stroke other than that most strokers are pretty reliable, have built a few Shovel Strokers using SS sidewinder kits good builds:s

Jack-
Does the increased piston speed translate to shorter engine life? If so, How many miles should someone expect to lose?

Jack-
Does the increased piston speed translate to shorter engine life? If so, How many miles should someone expect to lose?

Really depends on riding habits, strokers usually use a shorterskirted piston but if you ride it modestly and are not racing you should get good miles and lots of grunt from a stroker:s

Back