free website stats program 96 build to a ? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

96 build to a ?

Ademac HD in Jacksonville FL is offering a 103 kit installed and ready to ride for just under 900. They can be reached at (904) 493-1931

The 103 kit is a good idea for an 07. it will take you from 1584cc to 1690cc for a good price with great parts. And not jack compression up to crazy levels. Old saying the only substitute of more cubic inches is more cubic inches lot of truth to that.
The 07 has the outside possibility of crank issues if you go to far with it a run it hard the 103 is a good mid way point.

No replacement for displacement :D

i have rienhart true duals ,power commanderIII and se big air,on it now

FOR THE OTHERS OUT THERE

Giving that kind of information AT THE START about the mods done would help a LOT....

IF you are unhappy with all that :::::::
YOU NEED TO GO WITH A LARGER ENGINE.......

BIGGER BORE WHILE APART
HEADS PORTED
CAMS (LOW END TORQUE SUGGESTED)

NO WAY FOR A 1000$$$$

YOU CAN "PIECE MEAL IT" BUT THAT IS WHAT YOU WILL HAVE BEFORE DONE!! hardly worth a tear down to add one piece at a time

the CAMS are the ONLY thing that can be had at this time!!(my opinion)

THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH SHIFTING DOWN OUT OF 6 GEAR....... I WOULD GET A TACOMETER IF WONDERING /KNOWING WHERE RPM IS.... WHAT YOU ARE WORRIED ABOUT BY SHIFTING DOWN......?????
I WOULD SHIFT AND NOT LUG THE MOTOR REGARDLESS OF POWER!!!!!
IF YOU KEEP THE RPM UP AT 2800/3200 THEN YOU WILL HAVE THE POWER RANGE AND NOT NEED THE BUILD!!!!!!

I hope this helps out and HOPE OTHERS PUT THE WHOLE QUESTION WITH ALL THE INFORMATION ABOUT THE BIKE.....

I love to spout my HELP out on the fourm but a lot of WASTED information to WEED THRU(from me) if only GUESSING like i have done....

THE FACTS AND NOTHING BUT THE FACTS (who said this in a old TV series?)

THANKS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

signed....BUBBIE

FOR THE OTHERS OUT THERE

THIS SHOULD OF BEEN THE POST

BIGGER BORE WHILE APART
HEADS PORTED
CAMS (LOW END TORQUE SUGGESTED)

NO WAY FOR A 1000$$$$

YOU CAN "PIECE MEAL IT" BUT THAT IS WHAT YOU WILL HAVE BEFORE DONE!! hardly worth a tear down to add one piece at a time

the CAMS are the ONLY thing that can be had at this time!! (my opinion)
THANKS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

signed....BUBBIE

I posted a lot of JUNK in between before I read ALL the posting...... SORRY I'll try better next time...

the above quote that I MODIFIED is the post I wanted to send and the 5 minute rule GOT ME IN TROUBLE...

signed....BUBBIE

I still think Bubbie is spot on here with his advice. If money is an object, and obviously it is ($1000 limit), a good stage 1 upgrade (first) then good torque cams will provide great improvement over stock. Now, you probably won't find good pipes, intake, tuner & cams for < 1000 bucks....it may be possible but doubtful. If money wasn't an object then a 175 HP ORCA engine would be a great choice. Not only is this project going to provide better passing power in 6th but it'll provide better acceleration in all gears.

I ride Harleys because I don't want to downshift all the time, I like to roll on it and I expect my machine to pull hard. If I wanted to downshift all the time, I'd buy a rice rocket. Then I could downshift from 6th to 3rd and rap it out to 15K+ rpms. Different strokes for different folks. JMO, good luck with your project.

I ride Harleys because I don't want to downshift all the time, I like to roll on it and I expect my machine to pull hard. If I wanted to downshift all the time, I'd buy a rice rocket. Then I could downshift from 6th to 3rd and rap it out to 15K+ rpms. Different strokes for different folks. JMO, good luck with your project.

I agree but even Harleys have a sweet spot for torque. I absolutely love my 6 speed but would not expect any engine to pull hard in 6th gear. I look at 6th gear the same as I look at "lock up torque converters" on a cage. No cage I know will stay in lock up converter when you go to pass. I would not expect any engine to have passing torque at 2,000-2,200 RPM.

i have rienhart true duals ,power commanderIII and se big air,on it now

As has been said, you are already at Stage 1. But you may wish to tweak the A/F ratio some to richen it up a tad throughout the rpm range. Downside is that this will affect your fuel mileage.

Next, if you want low end torque (like below 2500 rpm) which is useable in 1-4th gears, you will need to do some reseach on cams. I chose the Andrews Performance 21N grind (roller chain conversion). But some of the other guys here that also were looking for low-end through mid-range torque have gone with the 26N grind. Both of these are drop ins. All depends on riding style.

Here is some comparative info:

Cam Specifications - Harley Davidson Community

There is also a pretty informative article on cams in the August 2008 issue of American Iron. You might track that down.

And see here:

Selecting a performance camshaft

EVO Stage 2

TQ

Back