free website stats program 95 Sportster carb leaking | Harley Davidson Forums

95 Sportster carb leaking

kevinf88

Hello all, I have noticed a gas leak on my bike(95 sportster 1200) and I believe I have found where it is coming from. I did search the forum and could not find any relative information. Looking at the parts diagram of the carb, it is coming from under the boot for the pump rod(#'s 44 & 47). That boot is not sealed tight around the bottom of it, and gas seems to be leaking out of there. What should I look to replace or do to try and fix this? Thanks, Kevin.

If you are talking about the boot that the linkage rod for the accelerator pump passes through you are probably looking at a leaking diaphragm. Buy a rebuild kit and replace all the gaskets and seals as well as a new accelerator pump diaphragm. If you don't have a manual now would be a good time to get one.

What Don said. Sounds like a bad diaphragm. A simple rebuild should get you back on the road.

I agree with the others. Most definitely a leaking accelerator pump diaphragm. Have had this happen exactly as you describe on different bikes over the years.

Back