free website stats program 95 road king no crank | Harley Davidson Forums

95 road king no crank

cool breeze

friends bike was running fine until wife dropped it on right side now turn switch on all lights work hit start button nothing. somehow I always get elected to ask questions?:small3d014:

friends bike was running fine until wife dropped it on right side now turn switch on all lights work hit start button nothing. somehow I always get elected to ask questions?:small3d014:

Turn everything off and kill switch to kill and back to run. Then try to start. After a ti over, the bank angle sensor needs to be reset in this manner.
WAP.gif

I'll let him know but I thought the police bike in that year was the only one with bank angle sensor :small3d014:

now you have me thinking , does a 95 road king have a BAS ?:small3d014:

Last edited by a moderator:
hoople needed

95 road king droped on right side all lights come on but nothing when you hit starter button,did test at starter relay with two jumper wires bike cranks over so start looking at start button/off run switch,noticed a klicking sound every few seconds also lights dem with klicking when off run switch is in run position trace sound to 15 amp instrument fuse bottom one where to from here thanks

Re: hoople needed

so start looking at start button/off run switch,

Turn ON the ignition and place the bike in neutral. Does neutral light glow. Try the jumper wire trick and see if the bike will actually start. At this point you need to see if the bike electronics are inhibiting the start circuit.
If the ignition switch is turned on, and the bike will start and run with the jumper wire trick, that shows you the ECM is in an OK "conditioned" state.

Also check the service manual and see if you have a "tip over" safety switch. That is not the same as a Bank Angle sensor. Those are two different things. Your bike should Not have auto cancel turn signals caused by a lean angle. Your signals should cancel from distance driven, not lean angle.. (? double check me via service manual)

"Kicking noise"?? You mean clicking sound as in a breaker detecting short? Locate kicking sound. if lights dim, probably a breaker opening due to short. If breaker is source of sound, could be due from a crushed wire shorting to ground from tip over?

Locate source of sound. Then see if it starts using jumper wire with ignition on.
I am sure it's a simple problem, but could be almost anything.

cool breeze and other members...

Let's continue on the same post you started about your problem instead of starting another post about the same problem.

It makes it difficult to follow if you start another post for the same problem.

Thanks

first let me apoligize to glider for my mistake, and yes klicking ia from 15 amp breaker the bottom one which service manuel says instrument thanks

and yes klicking ia from 15 amp breaker the bottom one which service manuel says instrument thanks

You have to find & fix that short first. Something got bent, distorted or crushed which is creating a short. Look at the schematic to see what that breaker feeds (main area of bike). Problems like this (damage from a drop) require plain old looking and hunting and is not a 1,2,3 step process.

Yes there ARE ways and tools to locate shorts but in this case, looking around for the damage should not be too involved. Something heavy (like a radio) shifted and maybe pinched a wire. It should jump out at you.

Back