free website stats program 95" Low Mile Budget Build Parts | Harley Davidson Forums

95" Low Mile Budget Build Parts

dolt

I am about to upgrade the 95" motor in my '05 Deuce to a 98" configuration, complete upgrade, i.e., replacing cylinders, pistons, heads (w/compression releases) and cams. The current configuration is a set of HD cylinders bored to fit a set of SE cast flat top pistons, a set of BigBoyz "street" ported heads and Andrews TW44G cams. I do not have the dyno sheet for that setup but I do have the dyno sheet from the previous configuration based on the SE204 cam and Python 3 2:1 exhaust. I replaced the 204 cams with a set of Andrews TW44G cams and the Python exhaust with a set of Bassani Pro Street 2:2 exhaust. The butt dyno tells me that the current configuration with the 44G cams and Pro Streets pulls stronger than the 204/Python setup but I don't have the sheet to support that but I do have the sheet for the 204/Python configuration and that motor made 103TQ/96HP.

I am just waiting for the heads to come in to start the build, I have everything else. I am just throwing this out for someone looking for a "budget build"; these parts will save someone some $$.

These parts have about 15K miles on them and the motor is tight; CCP about 185psi, same as it was the day it was built. If I left the pistons in the cylinders, you could simply drop them on and go but pulling the pistons, cleaning things up, a light hone to break any glaze and new rings would not hurt. You would need to buy the gear set for the cams as I will need the gears for the new build. It would be adviseable to have the heads cleaned and new guide seals installed. But that's about it.

I am thinking $600, plus shipping for everything; cylinders/pistons, heads and cams. A street or Stage I port job will cost that much; boring cylinders and new pistons will probably run $350. Anyone interested should PM me. I also have the Python 3 2:1 pipe/heat shields that will fit a softail and would include it for another $100.

Good price, good luck on the build and keep us updated.

The package I have posted would be a good kit of parts for a DIY guy that wanted to save some $$ and build a runner. I neglected to include a set of SE adjustable pushrods as part of the package.

As soon as heads arrive, work starts. Plans are HD cylinders bored to 98", CP pistons with 6cc dome for 10.7 static CR, HD Street Performance Pro Street ported heads; Crane 296-2G cams (.620" lift), Bassani Pro Street 2:2 exhaust, Kurakyn 57mm T/B, HD Heavy Breather. I have been collecting parts for a while and have had everything sitting on the shelf except a set of heads. I have been hesitant to send the heads out for work and actually build the motor. Why replace a strong running 95" motor that has never given me a problem, still has lots of miles left, does not use any oil no matter how hard I ride and makes great power for a mild build? The only answer I can come up with is "because I want to and can". So, there you have it; flawed logic for sure and difficult to explain to my other half; she just looks at me and shakes her head.

My local machinist and tuner is out of the country so I will have to get the bike over to Austin to another tuner when I get the motor together for tuning. I will post a dyno sheet when done; I have fairly high expectations with this combination, not a "formula" build, so one never knows.:confused:

Last edited:
Great setup and price for someone! Crane 296-2G is an interesting choice, cant wait to see the numbers for the build!

Great setup and price for someone! Crane 296-2G is an interesting choice, cant wait to see the numbers for the build!

I will post when done; still waiting on Dorfman's heads to arrive. This will be my first motor with Crane cams; the motors I have built in the past have been built around Andrews or TMan cams. So, have no idea how it will run out but we shall see.:rolleyes:

I will post when done; still waiting on Dorfman's heads to arrive. This will be my first motor with Crane cams; the motors I have built in the past have been built around Andrews or TMan cams. So, have no idea how it will run out but we shall see.:rolleyes:

Have you used Don's heads before?

Have you used Don's heads before?
Yes. Running a set of his early Pro Street heads on an all bore 107" motor; 124TQ/110HP. HIs headwork has advanced since his early heads. The heads I am running are one off the first sets he put out after taking over the business from Dewey. His head work has advance since then and IMHO, Don is in the top three that I would use, WFO Larry and the Lozano Brothers are the other two. Lozano would be doing these heads as he is about 45 minutes away but Mike is out of the country.

Back