free website stats program 94 roadking | Harley Davidson Forums

94 roadking

Have you ever considered looking UP to the last post above yours?

PLEASE don't keep cross posting this question in the different areas, only ask your question ONCE in ONE area of the forum !

Last edited:
washers are 1 3/8 OD by 1 1/8 ID and one is little thicker than the other

THEY are the needed spacers for the STUFF you took apart.. Take a look, install correctly and also make sure the CHAIN lines up evenly from the clutch to the compensator, NOT CROOKED like the chain must be now is NOT good..

signed....BUBBIE

There are two types of spacers/shims on the sprocket shaft:
One (single thickness) is inboard of the rotor - to prevent it from touching the cases and aligning the stator & rotor magnets.
One or several shims are used outboard of the rotor (between the rotor and the shaft extension) - to align the primary chain.
A stator change itself does not affect alignment, but if you have never checked it I strongly suggest you check primary chain alignment as per the manual (especially if you bought the scoot used...). You MAY need some other thickness shims as well, but I'd check the current alignment first.

well i appreciate that, a real big help. i'll get it checked. can i get a copy of those pages of themanual online somewhere?

well i appreciate that, a real big help. i'll get it checked. can i get a copy of those pages of themanual online somewhere?

If you check out the link Glider provided above, that gives you a schematic of the parts, and a parts list from BikeBandit.com. You can check out similar info here:

Ronnie's Harley-Davidson's 1995 Harley-Davidson® Motorcycle FLHR ROAD KING® (FD)

This is from Ronnie's HD, but you will have to look at the '95 FLHR info since they don't have the '94. Same stuff tho'.

TQ

Back