free website stats program '92 FXR Horn Location | Harley Davidson Forums

'92 FXR Horn Location

I went straight from shovels to a TwinCam. Never owned or even rode an Evo till I bouht this '92 last month. The first time I hit the horn button and nothing happened, I looked around and thought "Huh, no horn." Wouldn't be the first bike without one. I was tellin' a buddy I needed a horn and he said "Wait a minute, I think it's in a weird place on these" and sure enough, we found it. Now I gotta find the time to tear half the bike apart to replace it. Looks like I gotta take the battery out. I'm hoping the mounting bolt will be staring me in the face, otherwise I'm just gonna haffta stay with my "custom Horn".

horn.jpg

Seriously? I mean...seriously? Why didn't they mount it somewhere easier to get to? Like inside the fuel tank.

Is it mounted above the transmission, between the frame tubes? My '92 Dyna is mounted there. The horn was barely audible at idle. I was able to reach the wire connector fairly easily, and put a jumper wire in it. I bought a $10 6 volt (yep, 6v) chrome mcy. horn and mounted it between my front down tubes.
That 6v horn is pretty loud, and has lasted 15 yrs.
I've used the WD 40 in the horn, on cars and bikes with pretty good results.

Back