free website stats program '92 EVO new lifter & pushrod probs | Harley Davidson Forums

'92 EVO new lifter & pushrod probs

trward

I.ve been replacing the lifters & pushrods in my "92 E-Glide with 60,000 in the odo. 1st) After meticulously adjusting the S.E. E-Z adjust pushrods, while rolling them to check for tension, I notice some lateral movement. It was first noticed by the pushrod tube moving, like a hula dancer, but not that much. Just enough to notice. Maybe a 1/16th of an inch? Is this normal for adjustable pushrods. Also on the last lifter, intake- rear cyl., I can't seem to get to apoint of no lash. It seems that I can slowly but steadily keep turning it much more than the other three did. The lifters are brand new H.D. Is this one not pumped up or something? Help!!

what i know the fatter push rods can bump into the tube. others may know more of your ?

I.ve been replacing the lifters & pushrods in my "92 E-Glide with 60,000 in the odo. 1st) After meticulously adjusting the S.E. E-Z adjust pushrods, while rolling them to check for tension, I notice some lateral movement. It was first noticed by the pushrod tube moving, like a hula dancer, but not that much. Just enough to notice. Maybe a 1/16th of an inch? Is this normal for adjustable pushrods. Also on the last lifter, intake- rear cyl., I can't seem to get to apoint of no lash. It seems that I can slowly but steadily keep turning it much more than the other three did. The lifters are brand new H.D. Is this one not pumped up or something? Help!!

On the third one(intake), you may be Over Tightening,,,, Start out at ""finger tight"" and go the amount of Flats it is recommended,,, Tighten lock nut and run there.. You don't have them pumped yet as the engine has not Pumped them full of oil!

The hula dancer ??? Wiggle the push rod and Reset to align straight...if After you Run the new lifters get them pumped up with oil,,,,, then check to see where it is and what it is doing......
I think you have Not run engine Yet ????? Right ? or if you have .... Any problems after ???

signed....BUBBIE

Thanks, you guys are right on, I hadn't run her yet. Started it this a.M. Nice and quiet. Oil leak on first pushrod tube. Weak spring, that's the one that I could pull the keeper out by hand. Got new spring & O-rings. Gonna try again Sun A.M. Thanks again!!

Back