free website stats program 91573-09 Chrome Display Stand installation problem | Harley Davidson Forums

91573-09 Chrome Display Stand installation problem

dooz28

Just bolted a new chrome display stand to my 2009 FLHT (no Loctite yet). When in raised position, it bumps up againt the stock exhaust crossover. H-D instructions say it shouldn't touch anything. Has anyone run into this problem, and is there a solution?

I had that problem too. I finally loosened up the clamp where the crossover pipe connect to the head pipe and also where the crossover pipe connects to left side (primary side) muffler. Than I pried up the crossover pipe about where the stand hits. Tightened everything while pipe was pried up and gained just a little clearance. Only about 1/8' but it does not hit now. That's with the stand legs screwed all the way in. Not sure HD did quite enough development on this center stand. If I had it to do all over again I'd probably would have bought the one made by RIVCO. It's cheaper too and looks like it has a better place to put your foot to lift. The HD one is way too close to the muffler.

I agree--somebody dropped the ball during development when this part was redesigned for '09. Unless somebody comes up with a helpful hint I may have overlooked, I'll probably be returning this to the dealer and notifying the Motor Company about my dissatisfaction. Don't really think I should have to tweek the exhaust placement for what should be a simple "bolt-on" item. Thanks for your help.

I just picked one up and was going to install it myself but thought better of it. I went ahead and had the dealer do it. Was charged one hour labor but nothing bangs and it appears to work well after using it a few times. It looked simple to install but I suspected it would be an pain in the neck to do. It sure is nice being able to access the bike easily all the way around and it takes up less space in the garage. Happy so far.

I just had the 91573-09 stand installed. The funny thing about the stand is that the picture harley has on their website for the stand does not match the installation's depiction of the stand in Figure 2 of the instructions.

Mine does not hit the exhaust crossover pipe. However, it is close enough to make it difficult to get your foot on the arm extension to push down to lift the bike on to the stand and do not believe that extension is adjustable, only the leg height is. When you can't get your foot completely on the stand to lift, it makes it very difficult in that you have to pull back on the handlebars at the same time you're trying to push down on the extension arm.

Would be nice to take it off, heat the arm and move to a better position but I don't think the chrome will take the heat. It's a little easier to use when in sneakers but in my Harley boots.....very tough.

I just had the 91573-09 stand installed. The funny thing about the stand is that the picture harley has on their website for the stand does not match the installation's depiction of the stand in Figure 2 of the instructions.

Mine does not hit the exhaust crossover pipe. However, it is close enough to make it difficult to get your foot on the arm extension to push down to lift the bike on to the stand and do not believe that extension is adjustable, only the leg height is. When you can't get your foot completely on the stand to lift, it makes it very difficult in that you have to pull back on the handlebars at the same time you're trying to push down on the extension arm.

Would be nice to take it off, heat the arm and move to a better position but I don't think the chrome will take the heat. It's a little easier to use when in sneakers but in my Harley boots.....very tough.
Pictures don't seem to ever match, it's like burger king, you get a burger at burger king and it's nothing like the one on tv, but I am curious what they changed with the seeded A display stand.

I think I figured out what Harley did on their website. You can search for 91573-09 stand and it will bring up pictures to the right side and prices for 91573-09, 98959-08, 98955-07, and 91573-06.

The pictures shown are for the 91573-06 and that's why it differs from the instructions that shows the schematic for the 91573-09 stand.

Attachments

• 91573_Stand.jpg
    91573_Stand.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 19
  • 91573_Stand2.jpg
    91573_Stand2.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 18
  • Chrome_Stand.JPG
    Chrome_Stand.JPG
    16.3 KB · Views: 24
Back