free website stats program 91 fat boy | Harley Davidson Forums

91 fat boy

Fisherking

The bike i just picked up was dropped on Sat . it landed on the front break leaver and broke the knob off the end, It also broke the bottom support for the break leaver on the front master cylinder.
My question is . what is the controls and the kill switch unit made of . It looks like chromed steel and if it is I can weld it up again with my tig welder .
Thanks in advance for your help.
Fisherking

I might use that . as a last resort. I have heat sink past that I use when I have to weld on guns and it works great. I can hold the piece while im welding past the past aand it never gets hot .
That is why iWas going to use the tig welder . Its easier to control the heat .
Ive never used JB weld does it work good , mabey i8ll try it first . I can always file it off after if it doesnt work lol.
Thanks for your inpute
F.K.

I might use that . as a last resort. I have heat sink past that I use when I have to weld on guns and it works great. I can hold the piece while im welding past the past aand it never gets hot .
That is why iWas going to use the tig welder . Its easier to control the heat .
Ive never used JB weld does it work good , mabey i8ll try it first . I can always file it off after if it doesnt work lol.
Thanks for your inpute
F.K.
Well, My Dad used it for years and that is how I got hooked. I buy the quick dry more since it came out, 4 minute cure so you got to be rustling your leaves. You are right about if it fails there are few ramifications. It helps if you can clamp it or trap it in a jig until cured. Maybe your welder it the ticket I would love to hear how it turns out.

Thanks for your intrest . I tryed the Jb weld last night and let it set all night , I havent had a chance to check it .
F.K.

Back