90' tire valve stem

Discussion in 'Wheels' started by kemo, Oct 20, 2010.

1. kemo

kemo R.I.P

I thought that I would try a 90' valve stem the next time that I changed a tire so I did. Mistake, the stem doesn't clear the brake caliper so I turned it 180' so that the cap is on the belt side but the pulley makes it a bit awkward to check tire pressure. It is done now but next tire change it will get undone. Just thought I would mention this in case you thought of doing it.
    kemo

2. HarryB737

HarryB737 Junior Member

Wow... I don't think I've ever seen a 90 foot valve stem :newsmile100: ,Seriously though thanks for the info.

3. bobwire

bobwire Active Member

been thinkin bout it myself. thanks for savin me....................bw

4. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Think I saw them on Gold Wings:s

5. trvlr

trvlr Junior Member

Yep, they're on there - actually had the same thoughts as what Kemo did - so appreciate the heads-up on that.

6. dbmg

dbmg Experienced Member

Thanks for the heads up Kemo

7. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

Personally like the shortest stem possible that allows you to fit most air chucks (or carry a small stem extension that works with your guage). That way, less balance weight impact and less profile to catch or snag. I do use metal cap with seal inside, less chance of leakage (also keep insert wrench to make sure the inside valve is tight) after checking air pressure and sealing with cap.