free website stats program 90/100w Headlight bulb upgrage | Harley Davidson Forums

90/100w Headlight bulb upgrage

wizard1977

I want to replace the standard H4 55/60w with a H4 90/100w headlight bulb to a Heritage Soft tail. Does anybody know if
this would be OK without having to upgrade the wiring system?

The Osram 80/100 is a great replacement bulb. Many here on the forum have changed over with no problems.

Don has you covered. The only known issues is that some have had longevity issues (myself included) and you may have to aim the headlight a little lower. I was getting cagers flashing their lights at me at night. Then there was the conversation with the Sheriff. I aimed it lower and never had a problem til it blew out.

My first Osram lost the high beam in 3 months, the replacement lost it's low beam in about a year, but when I opened the housing up to replace it, I found the wiring connector melted. I am going to pursue fitment of an LED unit next.

The Osram 80/100W bulb at German Auto works great, but as Blue Wide Glide noted, you have to make sure the connectors and contacts are in good shape. Use dielectric grease after mating and unmating contacts to buff contacts to be shiny. If you see traces of corrosion or insulation/connector discoloration, replace the connector/mates to prevent local heating and possible flame/burnout. Replaced on my Sporty 3 1/2 years ago, not a problem.

NAPA has an H4 Halogen for about 12$ works fine, much brighter

Cromedome do you happen to have a part number? I have used the Osram 80/100 and have no issues with it just would like to give something else a try now that my low beam has gone out and I have to replace it. I did come across another bulb, see below for details, that might be equivalent but I am just not sure since it is a 55/60 compared to the 80/100 Osram.

H4 Halogen bulb, Flosser Ultra Lamp. 55/60 watt high performance bulb. Sold individually. High performance standard wattage bulb. Flosser Ultra Lamps provide up to 90% more light with no increase in current draw so there is no need to upgrade the car's wiring.

Here is the link GermanAutoParts.com it is the 4th one down.

Thanks for the input

Cromedome do you happen to have a part number? I have used the Osram 80/100 and have no issues with it just would like to give something else a try now that my low beam has gone out and I have to replace it. I did come across another bulb, see below for details, that might be equivalent but I am just not sure since it is a 55/60 compared to the 80/100 Osram.

H4 Halogen bulb, Flosser Ultra Lamp. 55/60 watt high performance bulb. Sold individually. High performance standard wattage bulb. Flosser Ultra Lamps provide up to 90% more light with no increase in current draw so there is no need to upgrade the car's wiring.

Here is the link GermanAutoParts.com it is the 4th one down.

Thanks for the input
NAPA AUTO PARTS
Try here

Back