Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by walleye, Sep 23, 2009.

1. walleye

walleye Junior Member Contributor

I have a couple friends who I believe are being mislead by their stealer on a couple issues. They are in the market to upgrade. One has a o6 Street Glide and the other a 08 RK. Both are going to upgrade. One to a SE Ultra and the other a SE SG. Both are looking at 2010. They have been told by the dealer that the frame is totally different for the10 VS the 09. He is also telling them the ride is more substatially improved from 09 to 10 than from 08 to 09. Lastly he told them the 09 frame is obsolete and the 10 frame weighs 40 lbs more. I went to the Harley site and the weights are the same as listed on 09 models. The dealer told them it is because HD has not updated their site, which I know is false. I guess the question is #1: is the 09 frame obsolete? If so why? And is there any significant differences in the frames? Thanks.
    :yeahright

2. gs34

gs34 Junior Member

Don't know Walleye. The only thing that I had heard about the 09 frames was they would hold water in that new swingarm assembly.
    This is attested to by several folks who found rusty stains on the floor under the bike, then inspected the bike closely and could see where it had seeped out.

Maybe someone else can jump in with some more, and better information.

3. Bud White

Bud White Well-Known Member Retired Moderators

09 is when the went to new frames

4. walleye

Bud, I have a 09. I was trying to find out if the frame or suspension was significantly changed between 09 and 10. :s

5. glider

glider Veteran Member

6. walleye

Thank you Glider. My apologies for not doing a sufficient enuff search. I should have known. From what I can see, no changes in the frame.

7. glider

glider Veteran Member

No problem, I knew where they were :D

8. gs34

gs34 Junior Member

9. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

If looking for new bike, either 2009 or 2010 deals are to be had...just be patient and ride both, there will be a little voice inside your head that will tell you which one to pull the trigger on. Yeah, yeah, a lot of us Harley enthusiasts listen for lots of things on our rides...but personal opinion rates pretty high I would think...LOL :small3d007:

10. BUBBIE

BUBBIE Well-Known Member

COULD YOU post JUST ABOUT what it says,,, remedy if one.. where and how the water gets in ??? maybe drilling a small release hole.... THIS OLD computer barely gets on the HD site...

THANKS if you can help out.

2009 FLHR

signed....BUBBIE