free website stats program 8983 Cam Bearing? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

8983 Cam Bearing?

I am gathering parts for a cam cam plate/cam change. Staying chain drive using the S.E. 25284-11 and Andrews cams. It seems the Andrews cam kit comes with a new front outer ball bearing 8990A but nota new rear outer roller bearing 8983. My question, is there a source for a new 8983 that isnt from HD and doesnt come with the 8990A? The only one I have been able to find is from J&P and I am not sure it is any better quality then the HD part. I do not trust HD and their bearing choices.......

I can buy the kit and have parts left over but it just seems this bearing should available without buying the other........

Nothing wrong with 8983 and you can purchase separately. The PN does include the roller bearing, inner race, washer and o-ring.

I would go with ya on H-D wheel bearings but the 8983 is a decent bearing. You can always go gear drive and run Nachi 6004s front and rear.:D

Thats enough out of you Dolt! Your like the devil on my other shoulder.....:devil

:D

Somebody need inner cam bearings for a twincam88? I got 2 brand new Torrington's
WAP.gif

Back