free website stats program 89 flhtcu tranny fluid change | Harley Davidson Forums

89 flhtcu tranny fluid change

So last night I did the oil change and filter and tonight I want to do the tranny, I noticed a big plug on the bootm of the case and am thinking this is it? Also I have not recieved the manual I ordered for this yet so I am giong at this sort of blind! I am picking up some amsoil synthetic gear for this can someone point me in the right direction for the drain and the fill and qty??

Any help appreciated

That big plug should be the trans. drain. Your trans. fill plug should have a dipstick on it. My '92 Dyna (slightly different trans. case) calls for 20-24 oz. change qty. Measure with bike straight up. Don't overfill. Amsoil is good.

So last night I did the oil change and filter and tonight I want to do the tranny, I noticed a big plug on the bootm of the case and am thinking this is it? Also I have not recieved the manual I ordered for this yet so I am giong at this sort of blind! I am picking up some amsoil synthetic gear for this can someone point me in the right direction for the drain and the fill and qty??

Any help appreciated

See if this helps:

Changing Your Oil (drain plugs) - Harley Davidson Community

TQ

Be careful to put the dipstick on the correct side of the clutch cable. If the dipstick is rubbing on the clutch cable it's on the wrong side of it and will CUT the dipstick off, not good inside the tranny.

Back