free website stats program 88B mods | Harley Davidson Forums

88B mods

Tucker

I have a 2002 88B motor that I want to "pep" up a bit, and I am trying to do it as inexpensively as I can...I wanted to use the JE 10.25 pistons in the 95" jugs, with the Andrews 50H cams....I bought a set of heads from a 2006 96" motor, and am told I don't need a lot of mods to these heads....the thing is I Don't Know...I know heads make a lot of difference,along with cams and pipes...do I need to send these heads off, or send off my 02' heads, or use the 06' heads as is...Inquiring minds want to know...:D

I have a 2002 88B motor that I want to "pep" up a bit, and I am trying to do it as inexpensively as I can...I wanted to use the JE 10.25 pistons in the 95" jugs, with the Andrews 50H cams....I bought a set of heads from a 2006 96" motor, and am told I don't need a lot of mods to these heads....the thing is I Don't Know...I know heads make a lot of difference,along with cams and pipes...do I need to send these heads off, or send off my 02' heads, or use the 06' heads as is...Inquiring minds want to know...:D

I would port and polish the heads

Good headwork and cams will get you on your way, if you go to the 10.5 pistons you'll want compression releases.

Thanks Guys....I was e-maling Dan Vance, of Dan Vance Racing...and if I understood him correctly I could do the 95" kit use the 50H cams and use the heads with no mods....these heads are a little different than my 02' heads...my intake port is more round...these 06' heads the intake port is "D" shaped not to mention the "beehive" springs....and I'm wondering now, if I should get the SE intake, for EFI, that is "D" shaped as well....I'm not looking to make high HP numbers...I just want more low to mid range....I'm trying to do this as inexpensively as I can....:hii...Tucker

Back