free website stats program 883R front discs - warped?! | Harley Davidson Forums

883R front discs - warped?!

ironmatt

Good morning from the sunny UK,
I have recently (2 weeks ago!) bought a 2002 883R as my first Harley. I have to say that I'm loving it so far.
I shall be replacing the front brake lines shortly as where they meet the calipers they're all rusty, and I'm guessing that's not a good thing. UK weather I think may have paid it's part.
I'm thinking at the same time of doing the discs as they seem to 'snatch' on and off under gentle braking, it feels like someones tugging on your shorts! :)
I've seen a few places selling the floating type discs, should I think about going this route to prevent any future warping issues?
If anyone knows of a good supplier, UK would be best, I'd be very greatful.
Cheers All.
Matt

Hi Matt,

Welcome to the site, I'm a newbie as well, they are a great bunch of people on this site, no doubt you will enjoy it, as I am. Try EBC re the discs, they make all brake parts, I replaced the discs on my previous bike and had no problems, also they are made in the UK, so no problems getting hold of them and they are a lot cheaper as well,

Cheers:newsmile061:

I've just been looking at the Billit site and they state on there that some floating discs don't clear the standard calipers, has anyone found this to be true? Or are they just trying to get you to buy the calipers too! :s
Just a little worried now about ordering either the EBC or some of the Zodiac somes.
Cheers
Matt

Back