free website stats program 883 to 1200 conversion | Harley Davidson Forums

883 to 1200 conversion

have a girl that rides with us needing a top end on her 883.she ran it low on oil and galled cylinders .looking online I have found all kinds of companys offering "kits" . Local shop I deal with has priced me a "kit"(883 to 1200) including wiseco pistons ,black jugs ,and cometic gaskets for 476.00..does not include rocker cover gaskets ,or pushrod seals.anyone know if there are better deals out there .I was told this stuff comes out of NY .and not sure of brand of Jugs.any input appreciated.trying to help a friend .but at the same time our shop needs to make a dollar on install ..Harley dealer priced just repairing what she had (new pistons .020over) at 1200.00).what is going labor rate for top end job ? any input appreciated.thank you

Hobbit
I didn't ask the dealer,I'm going by what the girl that owns the bike told me .Getting the dealer to do it kind of ruins my plan though.I would like my business to get the labor.It's not a big job,and like I stated I allready know I can buy parts for around 500.00.I was just hopeing someone on this board knew of a better deal on the pieces
Do you know what the labor should be on a topend and carb re-jet.thanks

the girl that owns bike is a single mother of one .I've allready told her I can do a 1200 conversion for about a grand .Parts are half that .She asked if there was any less expensive way .Evidently a few dollars will make a big difference to her .I'm not a charity .I was looking to see if there were any really good deals on all the parts neccessary to accomplish this .I don't see how it can get much less than 500.00 for pieces .But I can try.If not she'll just have to decide what she wants to do.her bike still runs ok ,just has a lot of blowby.I've allready told her if she just pays for parts ,I'll let her spread the labor out over two or three months .just trying to help a girlfriend (friend that's a girl) out.I have to be carefull how I say that around my wife!Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
have a girl that rides with us needing a top end on her 883.she ran it low on oil and galled cylinders .looking online I have found all kinds of companys offering "kits" . Local shop I deal with has priced me a "kit"(883 to 1200) including wiseco pistons ,black jugs ,and cometic gaskets for 476.00..does not include rocker cover gaskets ,or pushrod seals.anyone know if there are better deals out there .I was told this stuff comes out of NY .and not sure of brand of Jugs.any input appreciated.trying to help a friend .but at the same time our shop needs to make a dollar on install ..Harley dealer priced just repairing what she had (new pistons .020over) at 1200.00).what is going labor rate for top end job ? any input appreciated.thank you

Have you looked into a set of low miles take off jugs at the dealers that could be used to get her back on the road at minimal cost with minimal work? May be the cheapest way to go under the circumstances.

This may be off base , but I am relatively new here. I have a 1200 Sporty ( 2007) with fuel injection. I bought a Screamin Eagle Race Fueler for my XL. The Harley Dealer told me this thing won't work.... and I have to eat the $ 130.00 bucks or so that I paid for it. I need to know if anyone has had experience with this part and will it improve performance? Thanks !!!

Also, I have 2007 heads, jugs, pistons, aluminum valve covers for 883. These are high flow heads with approx 5000 miles on them. They can be bored and bigger valves can be put into the 883 heads and they will be 1200 heads. Also an 883 clutch spring. I converted to 1200 kit. Thanks !!

P/N: 32173-07. Stage 1 Se air filter conversion... Se slip on exhaust. Thanks !!

[FONT=Verdana, Arial]Part #: [/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial]32173-07[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial] Price: [/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial] $184.61[FONT=Verdana, Arial] was [FONT=Verdana, Arial] $224.95 [/FONT] [/FONT] [/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial]Description[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial] SCREAMIN EAGLE® PRO EFI RACE FUELER
Tune the fuel flow of your EFI bike. The tuner can electronically add fuel in much the same manner as increasing jet size on a carbureted system. It allows for quick tuning for the addition of less restrictive, free flowing intake and exhaust sytems. The Fueler offers "bands" of adjustment that take into account operating ranges, such as idle, acceleration and steady speed. The Fueler is a self-contained unit that requires no computer interface. Adjustments are made by setting fuel, RPM and accelerator pump potentiometers with changes monitored on LED indicators. Race Fueler can be adjusted to add additional fuel for 96-04 models and add or subtract fuel on 05-later models. The compact unit is designed for plug-in installation and remains on the bike for convenient tuning. Tuner affects fuel delivery only and cannot charge rev limit or spark timing. FOR RACE APPLICATION ONLY Fits 07 fuel-injected XL models
[/FONT]

h20bear53
putting bigger valves in 883 heads will not make them 1200 heads .the chamber needs to be enlarged .Is that what you mean by boring .just asking

I can buy from a local supplier .A pair of dished wiseco pistons ,that provide a little over 10-1 compression with stock 883 heads.A pair of new cylinders sized for same.Including head and base gaskets for under 500.00 All I have to add are rocker cover gaskets ,and I'm good to go.I know you can spend more on bigger valves,better heads ,etc. But after my limited research the dished wisecos seem to be the best Bang for the Buck .I'm getting ready to install the above on a friends motor.If money is no object ,then whatever.What is the 1200 dollar kit.Just asking

Reed
thanks for getting me to go back and read h20bears post
I wasn't getting it .Duh .He was/is putting his stuff out there for sale
H20bear
how much do you want for the pistons and jugs .All my friend really wants to do is repair what she has .She doesn't give a rat about going to a 1200.She probably doesn't weigh 110 lbs soaking wet.Won't need the heads if we are sticking to 883..:coffee thank you

thanks for the shake
,but I did send a PM, right after the reply

Yea, I thought you were wanting to go to 1200. I was confused too. I have 883 stuff for upper. No gaskets though. Was taken off by dealer mechanic.

Back