free website stats program 883 sportster | Harley Davidson Forums

883 sportster

It may be possible. However in '04 they went to a rubber mount motor. I know the swing arm changed due to rubber mount motor. I don't know if the width of swing changed for the rear tire. In '99 tire size was 130/90/16 but in '11 it went to 150/80B/16, wider rim. which possibly means wider Swing arm. It may not fit in your swing without tire rub or belt rub. Why the change,looks better?
tourbox

It may be possible. However in '04 they went to a rubber mount motor. I know the swing arm changed due to rubber mount motor. I don't know if the width of swing changed for the rear tire. In '99 tire size was 130/90/16 but in '11 it went to 150/80B/16, wider rim. which possibly means wider Swing arm. It may not fit in your swing without tire rub or belt rub. Why the change,looks better?
tourbox
tourbox
Yes, I like the spoked wheel from the 2011 sportster cop edition

I have never heard of a XL cop edition. Don't see it in parts look up for XL's either. Could you elaborate? I see 7 different wheel for XL's. Some cast, some laced.
tourbox

I just did a look up of tire sizes, and your bike came with a 130 rear, the 2011 came with a 150 which is two sizes wider, so there would probably be problems with the swing arm clearance. note, a 2 size tire difference usually means the rim is wider also.

That rim also has rubber cushion in the rim to sprocket for vibration dampening. Your stock '99 wheel doesn't.

It's definitely not a direct swap. Rear axel was "upgraded" in 2005 across the Sportster line to 1" diameter.

Back