free website stats program 883 ignition module | Harley Davidson Forums

883 ignition module

no it is fuel injected it was vandalized i fixed a couple of wires but i have no spark, there is a sensor in the top of the rear head what is that? also on the module on the front at the bottom is that the voltage regulator? sorry I am an old car mechanic.

Just for added Knowledge, ALL Harleys were FYI in 07 and up.. I got the last year of a Carb on my 06 1200 sport Roadster.:newsmile011:

I knew that ALL 07's were going to fuel-injection but I wanted the OLD carb..... Now, after seeing How NICE FYI is,,,,,,,,,:newsmile08:

signed....BUBBIE

Just for added Knowledge, ALL Harleys were FYI in 07 and up.. I got the last year of a Carb on my 06 1200 sport Roadster.:newsmile011:

Thanks Bubbie. That is good to know. I thought maybe the 883 was an exception.

but i have no spark, there is a sensor in the top of the rear head what is that? also on the module on the front at the bottom is that the voltage regulator?

Yes, the module in front is the voltage regulator.
The Ignition module is part of the main ECM. So the bike does crank, you have no spark but you DO have fuel. (plugs are wet).

Don't know of any sensor actually mounted in rear head. There are some sensors NEAR the rear head mounted in the induction module (see attachment).
Is it one of these?

Attachments

• Sporster Induction.pdf
    42.3 KB · Views: 9
yes i have fuel can smell it but no spark and the sensor is screwed into what looks like the cylinder at the top in the center..

See if you have battery voltage on the yellow/green wire on the ignition coil while cranking.

I would also run a WOW test (see attachment) to see if there are any DTC codes stored.

That sensor sounds like the engine temp, but they are usually on the Front cylinder not the rear. If it is screwed into the cylinder (not head) and it is 2 wire, it just may be the engine temp sensor even though it's in the rear. (?)

Attachments

• Sportster WOW.pdf
    123 KB · Views: 8
The heat sensor on that sportster is in the rear jug and it's in the top.
It's not the front jug or in the backside of the head like the Dyna's.

Attachments

• 07_SportsterHeatSensor.pdf
    119.6 KB · Views: 4
The heat sensor on that sportster is in the rear jug and it's in the top.
It's not the front jug or in the backside of the head like the Dyna's.

Sure as heck is. Interesting..That is really a better place for it.
I went through the entire service manual and could not find the location of that sensor. Using the parts manual never came to mind...

Back