free website stats program 883 Dieseling When Shut Off | Harley Davidson Forums

883 Dieseling When Shut Off

I have noticed when I bought my bike it was Dieseling when I shut it off. This didin't happen always, but when I shut the bike off it comes back on for just a few breaths and triggeres the oil light then shuts off. I thought this was a Jetting issue because when I got the bike it had SE 2 into 1 Pipe, with factory jetting. I thought I had the problem fixed when I added a SE Air Cleaner kit, and rejetted to a #45 Slow Jet and a #170 main jet, but it is still acting up. Any ideas as to what's happening and possible fixes? I would like to try and fix the problem myself if possible, sometimes the dealer can get expensive. I appreciate any help that you have to offer.

Two things that can cause dieseling are a lean mixture which you seem to have taken care of and a higher than normal idle speed. If the ignition timing was far enough off to cause this, the bike would run poorly other times as well. Have you checked for intake leaks ?

i agree glider had the same problem with my 97 1200 sportster this spring was idleing 300 rpm to high turned it back to 1000 rpm and have not had a problem since

Back